    showing printing progress including amount remaining in black and colored
    printer ink reservoirs. The printer is an Epsom Stylus if that's relevant.
    Thanks.

    Dave Stockdale, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Dave Stockdale

    John Guest

    "Dave Stockdale" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Friend just added another hard drive and upgraded to Windows XP. His
    > printer
    > still prints ok but now he doesn't see that useful icon during printing
    > showing printing progress including amount remaining in black and colored
    > printer ink reservoirs. The printer is an Epsom Stylus if that's relevant.
    > Thanks.

    I would imagine that removing the printer drivers and re installing would
    solve that problem, but not if it is a very old printer as it is probably
    managing to use the old driver, and XP tends to like new specially written
    drivers.

    John, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Dave Stockdale

    Kenny Guest

    It may be using native XP drivers for the printer. These, whilst they work,
    can be limited in functionality. I had the same with my HP, wouldn't do 2
    sided printing and a few other things with native XP drivers. OK when I
    went to HP site and downloaded and installed correct XP drivers. Do the
    same here.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 21, 2004