    Any idea why this is happening and how to correct it?

    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Mark Ferrante

    FERRANTE, Feb 28, 2004

  2. FERRANTE

    Basket Case Guest

    "FERRANTE" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I was given a HP Deskjet 694c printer and I am having a problem
    > printing with it and hope someone can help me. I've installed the
    > software and everything has been recognized (it appears) and when I
    > got to print, the machine starts up, grabs a piece of paper, takes it
    > half-way in, and stops. I get an error message saying the machine is
    > out of paper. I've taken the paper out of the tray, put in back in,
    > made sure it was tight against the rollers, everything I can think of,
    > yet nothing works.
    >
    > Any idea why this is happening and how to correct it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Mark Ferrante

    Sounds like the paper sensor in your printer is broken.

    -BC

    Basket Case, Feb 28, 2004

  3. FERRANTE

    Thor Guest

    Have you cleaned those big black rollers? It's common for HPs to get some
    paper dust accumulation on them, making them too slick to feed the paper
    reliably. The symptom is often exactly what you describe.

    Thor, Feb 28, 2004
  4. FERRANTE

    FERRANTE Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:02:32 -0500, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >Have you cleaned those big black rollers? It's common for HPs to get some
    >paper dust accumulation on them, making them too slick to feed the paper
    >reliably. The symptom is often exactly what you describe.

    No, I have not tried that. What should I use to clean them with? Do
    they come out or what is the best way to do it?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    FERRANTE, Feb 28, 2004
  5. FERRANTE

    Thor Guest

    Unplug the printer, and remove the rear cover, Use a cloth dampened with
    warm water. Rotate the rolers by hand and wipe them down. Make sure they are
    dry when you are done, but as long as you don't make the cloth too wet, they
    should dry rapidly.

    Thor, Feb 28, 2004
  6. FERRANTE

    FERRANTE Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:40:54 -0500, "Thor" <> wrote:

    >Unplug the printer, and remove the rear cover, Use a cloth dampened with
    >warm water. Rotate the rolers by hand and wipe them down. Make sure they are
    >dry when you are done, but as long as you don't make the cloth too wet, they
    >should dry rapidly.

    Thank you.

    Mark

    FERRANTE, Feb 29, 2004