    the XP machine, but when my wife tries to print, access is denied. She has
    no problems accessing the Net from the router attached to the Vista machine.
    How can I resolve this situation?

    wapanap, Oct 8, 2009

  2. wapanap

    Gordon Guest

    "wapanap" <> wrote in message
    news:#...
    > I have a home network consisting of a Vista machine to which a printer is
    > attached and an XP with two administrator accounts, mine and my wife's. I
    > can access and print to the printer on the Vista machine from my account
    > on
    > the XP machine, but when my wife tries to print, access is denied. She has
    > no problems accessing the Net from the router attached to the Vista
    > machine.
    > How can I resolve this situation?

    Does the Vista machine have a User account on it exactly the same as your
    wife's account on the XP machine?
    (And BTW, it's not a good plan to run on a daily basis as an
    administrator....)

    Gordon, Oct 8, 2009

  3. wapanap

    wapanap Guest

    Yes it does, although I was thinking of deleting it as she doesn't use the
    Vista machine any more.

    wapanap, Oct 8, 2009
  4. Hi
    She need the account in order to access the Vista Shares Files, and Printer.
    Make sure that the Printer's Share is allowing her account.
    Otherwise get yourself a Network Printer. Network Printers are Not
    expensive any more ($100 to $150).
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Oct 9, 2009
  5. wapanap

    wapanap Guest

    How do I make sure the Printer's Share is allowing her account?

    wapanap, Oct 9, 2009