    again, what happen was the cartridge had a shortage in it or something like
    that, and the printer want recognize that it's there, I was just wondering
    if anyone else ever experinced this,,,
    Barry, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Barry

    Bob B Guest

    Best thing to do with a Lexmark is put it in the bin.... the cartridges cost
    far to much..get an Epson and cheap compatibles BB

    "Barry" <> wrote in message
    > I have run into one of those printer problem that I have never heard of, I
    > was just curious if anyone else ever run into this problem, the printer is

    > Lexmark x1150 all 3 in one, and it was working perfect for over a year,
    > yesterday it would not print, It kept saying there is a problem with the
    > printer, it would say please install the ink cartridge, I knew the

    cartridge
    > was in the printer, so that really confused me, and than I notice the ink
    > levels, where it shows the level of ink for the black and the level of ink
    > for color, I notice the black level was showing, but the level for the

    color

    Bob B, Jan 18, 2005

  3. Barry

    Fred Dwight Guest

    Yes, I have a HP photosmart printer. When it lays dormant for a long time,
    it doesn't recognize the ink cartridges. I think the ink dries on the
    filaments.
    Fred

    Fred Dwight, Jan 18, 2005
  4. Barry

    Billh Guest

    Barry wrote:
    > I have run into one of those printer problem that I have never heard of, I
    > was just curious if anyone else ever run into this problem, the printer is a
    > Lexmark x1150 all 3 in one, and it was working perfect for over a year,
    > yesterday it would not print, It kept saying there is a problem with the
    > printer, it would say please install the ink cartridge, I knew the cartridge
    > was in the printer, so that really confused me, and than I notice the ink
    > levels, where it shows the level of ink for the black and the level of ink
    > for color, I notice the black level was showing, but the level for the color
    > wasn't showing, I know both ink cartridges was full, I just bought them a
    > week ago and used the printer twice, so when I notice the color level was
    > not showing it let me know the problem must be with the color cartridge, I
    > knew I had a old color cartridge that I took out of the printer that had a
    > little ink left in it, so I put it in, and guess what, the printer works
    > again, what happen was the cartridge had a shortage in it or something like
    > that, and the printer want recognize that it's there, I was just wondering
    > if anyone else ever experinced this,,,

    I saw a similar thing on a Canon printer 2100 model it said the new
    large black cartridge was a different number than was printed on the
    cartridge as I work at a school and we have many of these printers I put
    it in a few others with the same results. I figured the chip on the
    cartridge was some how telling the printer it was a different model and
    none of the printers would use it.
    Billh, Jan 18, 2005
  5. "Barry" <> wrote in message
    > I have run into one of those printer problem that I have never heard of, I
    > was just curious if anyone else ever run into this problem, the printer is

    > Lexmark x1150 all 3 in one, and it was working perfect for over a year,
    > yesterday it would not print, It kept saying there is a problem with the
    > printer, it would say please install the ink cartridge, I knew the

    cartridge
    > was in the printer, so that really confused me, and than I notice the ink
    > levels, where it shows the level of ink for the black and the level of ink
    > for color, I notice the black level was showing, but the level for the

    color
    > wasn't showing, I know both ink cartridges was full, I just bought them a
    > week ago and used the printer twice, so when I notice the color level was
    > not showing it let me know the problem must be with the color cartridge, I
    > knew I had a old color cartridge that I took out of the printer that had a
    > little ink left in it, so I put it in, and guess what, the printer works
    > again, what happen was the cartridge had a shortage in it or something

    like
    > that, and the printer want recognize that it's there, I was just wondering
    > if anyone else ever experinced this,,,

    My mates was the same, she hadn't took the tab off the cartridge
    Annette Kurten, Jan 18, 2005