    and reinstalled it, but that did not help. I have the latest driver. Also
    cleaned the print head manually. Any suggestions?

    Tia B.H.
    Broom Hilda, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Broom Hilda

    A String Guest

    "Broom Hilda" <> wrote in message
    news:B1LXc.230233$J06.71855@pd7tw2no...
    >I have a HP 820Cxi DeskJet printer. The option to clean print cartridges
    > freezes printer and all the lights flash. I did install both a colored
    > and
    > BW cartridge. The colored is a new one and the BW was refilled.
    > professionally. (probably a no-no) All the other options in Printer
    > Services work. The printer works o.k. Should I leave well enough alone or
    > try and fix this little problem? Is it due to the refilled cartridge?
    > Everything I can find on this subject (Google) says it is a cartridge
    > problem, but as I said the printer works great. I did uninstall the
    > driver
    > and reinstalled it, but that did not help. I have the latest driver. Also
    > cleaned the print head manually. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Tia B.H.

    Did the problem begin when you updated to the new driver? Maybe try using
    the original driver and see if that helps.
    A String, Aug 27, 2004

  3. Broom Hilda

    Ray Guest

    Did you just replace the cartridges? Did this problem occur after you
    installed the cartridges? Have you tried to change out the black cartridge
    with a different one since that one was refilled. If you've just changed
    the cartridges there's really no need to do the cartridge cleaning, you'd
    just be wasting more ink for nothing. If your changing the cartridge out
    for new one's there's no need to do the cleaning at all since you are
    getting new nozzle head's everytime you change the cartridge. Personally I
    would not use refilled cartridges, I've been using my 820CSE, for almost 10
    years now and have been using nothing but new HP cartridges and have never
    had any problems with it at all.

    Ray, Aug 28, 2004