    computer directly, it prints correctly, it only fails when networked through
    the Vista x64 computer. Perhaps I need to somehow put the 32-bit driver on
    the x64 computer? Any suggestions?

    Wylee, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Wylee

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    It seems more likely that somehow there is an option checked in the printer
    driver to print as for making a "T-shirt" transfer or decal. Some drivers
    have such a facility.

    If yours does, check the settings on the printer from which the print job is
    sent.

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Wylee

    Kue2 Guest

    Do you have the 6540 drivers for Xp installed in Xp? Have you installed the
    software in XP for the printer?

    Kue2, Feb 16, 2008
  4. Wylee

    Wylee Guest

    Thanks for the responses so far ... please, just a few more suggestions and
    maybe I'll solve this problem.

    > It seems more likely that somehow there is an option checked in the printer
    > driver to print as for making a "T-shirt" transfer or decal. Some drivers
    > have such a facility.
    >

    > If yours does, check the settings on the printer from which the print job is
    > sent.
    >
    > Tom
    > MSMVP 1998-2007

    No, none of those sorts of options are ticked. I did try ticking them hoping
    for the reverse, however I got the same result (mirror image regardless of
    whether the box is ticked or not). Also, if I plug the printer into the XP
    machine and print from the XP machine, it prints fine. If I plug the printer
    into the Vista x64 machine and print from the Vista x64 machine, it prints
    fine. It's only when I have the printer plugged into the Vista x64 machine
    and network from the XP machine and print from the XP machine that I get the
    mirror image.

    > Do you have the 6540 drivers for Xp installed in Xp? Have you installed the
    > software in XP for the printer?

    Yes, the drivers are installed in the XP machine and the printer works fine
    if I plug it into the XP machine and print from there, it only messes up when
    I print from the XP machine and the printer is plugged into the Vista x64
    machine. There are no Vista x64 drivers from HP for this printer (as an older
    printer, not going to be supported by HP for Vista) however there is a
    general driver included with Vista that works fine with this printer. I can
    have the printer plugged into the Vista x64 machine and print fine from the
    Vista x64 machine, the only problem is printing from the XP machine when the
    printer is plugged into the Vista x64 machine.

    Hope I am making some sense with my explanations!!

    Wylee, Feb 17, 2008
  5. Wylee

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Very peculiar, indeed.

    Try posting this to the Vista.printer_fax_scan group. Perhaps Allan Morris,
    member of the MS printing team, can suggest something. He posts there but
    not here.

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2008

    Tom Ferguson, Feb 17, 2008
  6. Wylee

    therese1225 Guest

    I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit and it is networked to my Windows XP
    computer which has a 10 year old HP 722C printer. It works great. When I was
    trying to network the computer, a Microsoft Solutions popped up and I pressed
    it for help. It downloaded something so fast I didn't see what it was then I
    was connected. I think the older HP computers do have 64 bit drivers now.
    They are finally coming up with some drivers for Vista, still not much for
    the XP pro.

    therese1225, Feb 18, 2008
  7. Posted suggestions in the Vista printing newsgroup.

    I hang out here as well Tom.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Feb 18, 2008
  8. Wylee

    Tom Ferguson Guest

    Ahh! Good. I did not recall seeing you here, in particular-Darrell,yes, but
    not you. Apparently either my memory is bad or I am not as observant as I
    had hoped!

    --

    Tom
    MSMVP 1998-2007

    Tom Ferguson, Feb 19, 2008
  9. Wylee

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Tom:
    Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first. Have a
    great day.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    XP x64 SP2, Vista Enterprise x64