    signal is not sent to the wireless port and then to the printer, but to the
    USB port on the laptop! Any ideas how to fix this problem? I have spent hours
    trying to fix this to no avail. Thanks for whatever ideas you can offer.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hkaWFtbw==?=, Apr 10, 2005

  2. I also have the same problem. Have tried everything. Will be watching for a
    reply to your question. Good luck

    =?Utf-8?B?bGxhbi5zdWU=?=, Apr 16, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y2hkaWFtbw==?=

    BobC Guest

    On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:09:01 -0700, chdiamo wrote:

    > My laptop is connected to my desktop with a wireless card. I can access files
    > on the desktop and the internet. The printer connected to the desktop is also
    > added to the laptop and shows as shared The port assigned on the laptop
    > shared printer is the port on the desktop, instead of the wireless port. The
    > window to change the port setting will not allow me to change the port! So,
    > everytime I try to print to the shared printer from the remote laptop, the
    > signal is not sent to the wireless port and then to the printer, but to the
    > USB port on the laptop! Any ideas how to fix this problem? I have spent hours
    > trying to fix this to no avail. Thanks for whatever ideas you can offer.

    The printer on the desktop should be set up as a shared printer. The laptop
    should point to a shred network printer (not to any port). It seems from
    your description that when you installed the printer on your laptop you
    said it was on a port rather than on a network share.

    BobC, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Thanks for your reply. I definately indicated IP Port but still gives me the
    usb warning

    =?Utf-8?B?bGFuLnN1ZQ==?=, Apr 16, 2005
  5. Hello llan.sue and Bob C. Problem solved! Here was the solution, I hope it
    will help you. I hooked the printer directly to the laptop, the computer that
    will be accessing it from the wireless network. I put the installation CD in
    the CD drive and removed ALL the software for the Hp 3320 printer using the
    "Remove All" option from the CD. I rebooted. Then, with the printer still
    connected to the laptop, I went to the Hp site and downloaded the latest
    drivers. Even though I had done all this before, it was not with the printer
    directly connected to the laptop. During the installation of software on the
    laptop, I assigned the port to be used by the laptop to access the network.
    Then I did the same with the desktop, hooking the printer directly to the
    desktop and uninstalling and reinstalling the software FROM THE HP CD and
    redownloading and reinstalling the latest drivers (after rebooting from the
    uninstall). Now, the printer can be accessed from the laptop via the wireless
    network. MAKE SURE YOUR PRINTER IS CONNECTED TO THE REMOTE COMPUTER AND
    UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE COMPLETE SOFTWARE PACKAGE and see if that
    corrects your problem. It did mine. Good luck!

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hkaWFtbw==?=, Apr 16, 2005
  6. Hi both,

    I've also solved my problem but in a different way. Made sure all firewalls
    were disabled, pinged computers to make sure connection was correct. Both
    computers had to have identical users and passwords set up. Then after
    sharing printer on desktop, found the network set up under my workgroup and
    when right clicked on the desktop icon and clicked connect it automatically
    installed printer driver and voila!! I can now print from laptop. No port
    problems!!

    =?Utf-8?B?bGxhbi5zdWU=?=, Apr 17, 2005