    want them all having accounts on my PC to use the printer. Each PC is only
    on the network for internet and are all basically run as stand-alones. Any
    ideas? Appreciated.

    Eeyan, Jun 22, 2006

  2. Not really an x64 issue. But share the printer, and enable it for all users.
    Don't share anything else.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 22, 2006

  3. Eeyan

    Eeyan Guest

    Thanx for taking the time to reply.

    And apologies for it not being an x64 issue.

    I have set the printer share, but unless the others have an account on my pc
    they cannot gain access to the printer. I do not want to have others with
    accounts on my pc. Can it be done?

    Eeyan, Jun 22, 2006
  4. Eeyan

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Eeyan" <XXXX > wrote in message news:e7cje0$ilt$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to allow other people on my home network to use my printer, but don't want them all having accounts on my PC to use the
    > printer. Each PC is only on the network for internet and are all basically run as stand-alones. Any ideas? Appreciated.

    If this is USB printer, I recommend cheap USB print server (LPR):
    http://www.digitus.de/scripts/digdetail.asp?artnr=DN-11004-N
    (Price: 25 EUR)
    http://www.112-computer.de/product_...us-Internet-Router--FW-Pri-Sw-DN-11004-O.html

    I have it together with Samsung ML-1610 laser printer
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1617851&Sku=S203-ML1610
    (Price: 85 USD)
    and working great in Windows and Linux ...

    If you cannot find Digitus, IMHO these are the same models:

    Surecom EP-4904AX / EP-4904SX
    http://www.surecom-net.com/pd-broadband-4904sx.htm

    Canyon CN-BR1
    http://www1.canyon-tech.com/products/show.cfm/Networking/Net/Broadband_Routers/CN-BR1

    BTW, you will need to add LPR port:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/printservicesunix.mspx

    Regards, Roman

    roman modic, Jun 22, 2006
  5. Eeyan

    Martin S. Guest

    I've had good experiences with Zonet print servers, this also has the
    advantage that you don't need to leave a computer on to be able to print.

    Martin S., Jun 22, 2006