    Printer sharing has been enabled and the system firewall is not in the way
    either.

    Any help would be appreciated! Julie
    =?Utf-8?B?dG1jZ2luNzEwMzk1?=, Apr 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG1jZ2luNzEwMzk1?=

    Dave B Guest

    How is this printer connected to the network? Shared via a PC? Directly via
    CAT5? Wireless? Using the Force?

    Dave B, Apr 14, 2006

  3. I have had this same problem myself. I just got this new laptop yesterday. I
    had trouble accessing shared files on my network and installing a network
    printer, like you. You should keep the Windows Firewall active and disable
    any other firewalls, such as Norton internet security firewall, or any other
    third party firewall. If you have Norton, you can simply disable just the
    Personal Firewall. Once you do this restart, and you should be able to
    install your printer.

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ3aGl6MTIz?=, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Did it work? Was I right? I'd like to know if you were having the same
    prolbem as me. Post a reply, will ya?

    =?Utf-8?B?Y29tcHV0ZXJ3aGl6MTIz?=, Apr 19, 2006