    Can I use garden variety 16 MB EDO, which I already have? I notice that
    the memory modules in an HP LJ5 apparently do not have to be installed
    in pairs.
    mcp6453, Apr 23, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    Thor Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm going to add some memory to my HP LaserJet 5. According to Crucial,
    > the specs on the proper memory are below:
    >
    > Upgrade for the HP LaserJet 5
    > Crucial Part Number: CT131044 16MB
    > Fast Page Mode . Non-parity . 70ns . 5V . 4Meg x 32
    >
    > Can I use garden variety 16 MB EDO, which I already have? I notice that
    > the memory modules in an HP LJ5 apparently do not have to be installed
    > in pairs.

    Fast page memory is not the same as EDO. You may have some compatibility
    issues if you use EDO modules.
    Thor, Apr 23, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would strongly advise to use the right type of memory. If not, you may be
    sending the printer back to HP for service. We went through that over here!

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com