    --
    Jake Collins

    http://members.tripod.com/collinsj/
    Jake Collins, Aug 1, 2003

  2. "Jake Collins" <> wrote in message
    news:%pnWa.8617$...
    > I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown Wgtn
    > you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement black
    > cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy an entirely
    > new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you run out of ink!!!

    The cartridges that come with the printers are often about half full.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 1, 2003

  3. On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:04:47 +1200, "Jake Collins"
    <> scribbled:

    >I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown Wgtn
    >you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement black
    >cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy an entirely
    >new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you run out of ink!!!

    Why chuck it out when it runs empty? Might as well just fob it off on
    trademe, and get some of your $55 back.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Aug 1, 2003
  4. Jake Collins

    Max Guest

    On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:10:46 +1200, Phillip Weston
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:04:47 +1200, "Jake Collins"
    ><> scribbled:
    >
    >>I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown Wgtn
    >>you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement black
    >>cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy an entirely
    >>new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you run out of ink!!!

    >Why chuck it out when it runs empty? Might as well just fob it off on
    >trademe, and get some of your $55 back.

    Great thinking, but could you sleep at night.
    Max, Aug 1, 2003
  5. Jake Collins

    Howard Guest

    Jake Collins wrote:
    > I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown
    > Wgtn you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement
    > black cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy
    > an entirely new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you
    > run out of ink!!!

    Someone has posted earlier in this ng that this printer has small size tanks
    in the new purchase, and the replacements are full size. Anyone know more?
    Howard, Aug 1, 2003
  6. On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 23:37:10 +1200, "pete" <>
    scribbled:

    >"Howard" <> wrote in message
    >> Jake Collins wrote:
    >> > I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown
    >> > Wgtn you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement
    >> > black cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy
    >> > an entirely new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you
    >> > run out of ink!!!

    >> Someone has posted earlier in this ng that this printer has small size

    >tanks
    >> in the new purchase, and the replacements are full size. Anyone know more?

    >More correctly, full size tanks but only half full (in the new printer)
    >
    >Is the Z32 one of the models that have chipped tanks that cannot be
    >refilled?

    I thought that was the Canon range of printers.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Aug 1, 2003
  7. > Is the Z32 one of the models that have chipped tanks that cannot be
    > refilled?

    No, I've refilled mine and it goes well with the refill.

    Phlying Phrog, Aug 2, 2003
  8. Jake Collins

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, Phillip Weston
    wrote...
    > I thought that was the Canon range of printers.

    Careful- it's Epson
    colinco, Aug 2, 2003
  9. Jake Collins

    T.N.O Guest

    "Jake Collins" wrote
    | I.e. it is cheaper to buy an entirely
    | new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you run out of ink!!!

    wow, cool... the true consumer society.
    T.N.O, Aug 2, 2003
  10. Jake Collins

    Max Guest

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:01:52 +1200, colinco <>
    wrote:

    >In article <>, Phillip Weston
    >wrote...
    >> I thought that was the Canon range of printers.
    >>

    >Careful- it's Epson

    Some of HP ones too.
    Max, Aug 2, 2003
  11. Jake Collins

    Robyn Nunn Guest

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 23:37:10 +1200, "pete" <> wrote:

    >"Howard" <> wrote in message
    >> Jake Collins wrote:
    >> > I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown
    >> > Wgtn you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement
    >> > black cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy
    >> > an entirely new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you
    >> > run out of ink!!!

    >> Someone has posted earlier in this ng that this printer has small size

    >tanks
    >> in the new purchase, and the replacements are full size. Anyone know more?

    >More correctly, full size tanks but only half full (in the new printer)

    Do the cartridges that come with the printer have the same part number
    and labelling as the replacement ones? If so, are they allowed to do
    that if its only got half the ink.

    The manufacturers would like to have the same part code on the printer
    as I imagine a lot of people just take their old cartridge to the shop
    to buy an identical one.
    Robyn Nunn, Aug 2, 2003
  12. Jake Collins

    T.N.O Guest

    "Robyn Nunn" wrote
    | Do the cartridges that come with the printer have the same part number
    | and labelling as the replacement ones? If so, are they allowed to do
    | that if its only got half the ink.

    On the one that I have seen, same part number but with OEM printed before
    it, so I would guess that it would count as a 'different' part number.
    T.N.O, Aug 2, 2003
  13. On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 07:45:13 GMT, (Robyn Nunn) wrote:

    >On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 23:37:10 +1200, "pete" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Howard" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Someone has posted earlier in this ng that this printer has small size

    >>tanks
    >>> in the new purchase, and the replacements are full size. Anyone know more?

    >>More correctly, full size tanks but only half full (in the new printer)

    >Do the cartridges that come with the printer have the same part number
    >and labelling as the replacement ones? If so, are they allowed to do
    >that if its only got half the ink.
    >
    >The manufacturers would like to have the same part code on the printer
    >as I imagine a lot of people just take their old cartridge to the shop
    >to buy an identical one.

    I did not think that any person in his right mind purchased a Lexmark Printer,
    sort of 200% utter Crap.
    Greg Townsend, Aug 2, 2003
  14. Jake Collins

    Allistar Guest

    Jake Collins wrote:

    > I see printer madness has reached new heights - at a shop in downtown Wgtn
    > you can buy a Lexmark Z32 printer for $55incl, the replacement black
    > cartridges cost $57+GST at Corpcons. I.e. it is cheaper to buy an entirely
    > new printer and chuck away the "old" one each time you run out of ink!!!

    I have some simple advice for everyone concerned about this: Under no
    circumstances should you purchase a printer that has "chipped" ink
    tanks/cartridges. If you can't refill the ink it is not worth buying them
    and supporting their greedy tactics.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Aug 3, 2003