    many thanks,

    best regards,

    Joachim

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jul 12, 2005

  2. You can check the add printer wizard to see the list of all print drivers
    that come with XP by default.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 12, 2005

  3. %windir%\inf\ntprint.inf

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Hello Andre,

    i know this, of course, but i need such an 'original data list' which i can
    export for example in excel to adjust them with another printer list.

    best regards,

    Joachim

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jul 12, 2005
  5. The file ntprint.inf shows all the printers natively supported (about 3200)
    Often one printer driver can be used for another printer, so you dont' want
    to jump to conclusions too soon.
    Also HP has a document geared towards x64 support for HP Printers, and Epson
    did the same last week.
    You can see on this ng many entries relating to specific printer support,
    and to me the most interesting was on 7/2/05 by Curto about zenographics
    http://oem.zeno.com/Zx/Guide/Parts/Zx_64-bit.htm

    You can check www.hcl.ms , even though I am still halfway in printers...

    As Andre Dacosta forecasted last month, windowsmarketplace is now
    preoccupied with x64, but only 63 entries so far, most of which are Intel
    motherboards.
    It is conceivable that they'll show printers soon for logo 2.2

    http://testedproducts.windowsmarketplace.com/results.aspx?&bCatID=734&cpID=0&ocID=105&OR=1

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Jul 12, 2005
  6. Hello Chris, hello Charlie,

    many thanks,

    the information about the 'ntprint.inf' is exactly what i'm searching for,

    have i nice day,

    best regards,

    Joachim

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jul 13, 2005
  7. I was unable to get an actual list of the printers in this .inf file. I am
    working with Epson to find a compatible driver for the Epson RX600. They
    asked me for a list of the Epson Printers supported and I was trying to pull
    this list out of the ntprint.inf file. Can you tell me how to get the list of
    epson printers that are supported?

    All I can see in this file is:

    ; NTPRINT.INF (for Windows Server 2003 family)
    ;
    ; List of supported printers, manufacturers
    ;

    [Version]
    Signature="$Windows NT$"
    Provider=%MS%
    ; LayoutFile=layout.inf
    ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Class=Printer
    CatalogFile=ntprint.cat
    DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.1830

    [ClassInstall32.NT]
    AddReg=printer_class_addreg

    [printer_class_addreg]
    HKR,,,,%PrinterClassName%
    HKR,,Icon,,"-4"
    HKR,,Installer32,,"ntprint.dll,ClassInstall32"
    HKR,,NoDisplayClass,,1
    HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"printui.dll,PrinterPropPageProvider"

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgU21pdGg=?=, Jul 14, 2005
  8. Hello Roger,

    there is much empty space in the ntprint.inf, so you have to scroll down more.
    If you do so, you will find the list of printers in the box.
    Sorry, but it seems, that your Epson RX600 isn't part of it.

    So you have to show on the OEM-manufacuterer-site.

    good luck,

    Joachim

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=, Jul 14, 2005
  9. Wow Joachim,

    You are right there is a lot of empty space.

    Thank you so much that gave me the list of supported printers that I needed.

    Roger

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgU21pdGg=?=, Jul 14, 2005
  10. "Charlie Russel - MVP" <> wrote in

    > %windir%\inf\ntprint.inf

    Can this file be read from the CD? I'm trying to find out if my Canon
    C5500 is there.

    JC

    Jerry Criswell, Jul 14, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Not there, but some other printer driver may work for you Canon. You may
    not get all your functions but you should be able to print.

    John Barnes, Jul 14, 2005
  12. Thanks. I thought that would be the case. Once I get installed, I'll have
    to FWITIW.

    JC

    Jerry Criswell, Jul 14, 2005