    being serviced. That sounds like a pretty impressive accomplishment.
    Has anyone seen any other similar instances? Is this normal? Thanks.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Tom MacIntyre

    JohnO Guest

    > This is about a printer at my place of employment. A technician was in
    > to service it the other day, and read its logged memory. The printer
    > has printed 1.5 million sheets in its life, and 188000+ since last
    > being serviced. That sounds like a pretty impressive accomplishment.
    > Has anyone seen any other similar instances? Is this normal? Thanks.

    Check the specs on that printer. They usually include one for max suggested
    pages per month. My old LaserJet 6MP was rated for 20,000 per month, and
    it's a desktop printer. (Actual is about 22,000 pages in five years).
    Network printers are probably rated several times higher.

    -John O

    JohnO, Jul 29, 2005

  3. Tom MacIntyre

    Tmack Guest

    Come on guys. I don't subscribe to this group to read about
    people's computer problems. There are other groups for that.

    This is a user group for people interested in getting CompTIA A+
    certified.

    Be fair to the rest of us and subscribe to a help user group.

    Thanks

    Tmack, Aug 10, 2005