    Is it possible to print stuff from my laptop, to my printer that is hooked
    up to a desktop by usb. if so, how is it done so that I dont have to install
    anything on my laptop. thanks
    Cynanthis, Aug 27, 2006

  2. Hi
    If your Laptop and the Desktop are Networked, it is possible.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 28, 2006

  3. Cynanthis

    Cynanthis Guest

    Hi Jack- i read the info on the link you sent me. But, i dont know if my
    laptop is connected to any network.
    Let me explain what I do know.
    - I take my LT to my business where I have a desktop connected to a printer
    & USB. I have DSL there (dont know if that matters)-my laptop connects
    wireless to the DSL at my business.
    -@ home, I have another desktop that is connected by USB to a printer. i use
    dial up there for now (am looking to get dsl there too).
    So, i dont believe that I have configured my laptop to belong to any
    network. SHOULD I do this first? what is an easy way to netork my laptop to
    be able to do what I am trying to accomplish?
    I ask for your help because i dont want to attempt to configure something
    that I might mess up doing on my own. Also, if I want to reverse the
    changes, i want to document how its done. Thanks if u can help

    Cynanthis, Aug 28, 2006