    and reinstalled both printers, twice, told windows not to notify me
    of this again but still get the new hardware notice. What else can
    I do or where can I look to eliminate the benign nuisance?
    claw, May 25, 2004

  2. claw

    philo Guest

    "claw" <> wrote in message
    news:Hawsc.5784$_o.2658@fed1read05...
    > Win XP Pro.
    >
    > I have two printers installed on my PC, a HP2410xi photosmart
    > multifunction and a Canon i450. I use the i450 to print BW because
    > the ink is cheaper. Both operate as designed, neither has any
    > problems, printing as directed in every way.
    >
    > I recently had the chore of reinstalling XP and ever since then each
    > time I boot a window arises that tells me that new hardware, a
    > printer, has been found and needs to be installed. I have deleted
    > and reinstalled both printers, twice, told windows not to notify me
    > of this again but still get the new hardware notice. What else can
    > I do or where can I look to eliminate the benign nuisance?

    just install it again as directed

    it may be silly...but at least you will not keep getting bothered!
    philo, May 25, 2004

  3. claw

    Avenger© Guest

    On Mon, 24 May 2004 17:11:22 -0700, "claw" <>
    wrote:

    >Win XP Pro.
    >
    >I have two printers installed on my PC, a HP2410xi photosmart
    >multifunction and a Canon i450. I use the i450 to print BW because
    >the ink is cheaper. Both operate as designed, neither has any
    >problems, printing as directed in every way.
    >
    >I recently had the chore of reinstalling XP and ever since then each
    >time I boot a window arises that tells me that new hardware, a
    >printer, has been found and needs to be installed. I have deleted
    >and reinstalled both printers, twice, told windows not to notify me
    >of this again but still get the new hardware notice. What else can
    >I do or where can I look to eliminate the benign nuisance?

    Just a suggestion, allow the install to complete (following the
    install directions on boot). This may just fix your problem.
    --

    "Put the CAT out to reply"
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam hater since 1951*
    Avenger©, May 25, 2004
  4. claw

    Sano Guest

    HP has a driver cleaner utility, that might be some help. <shrug>

    http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposuppor...=&plc=&temp_hql=&spname=&tmv=&lang=en&ctry=us
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/ytv24

    If both printers are usb, install each one with nothing else usb, if
    possible -kb or mouse, plugged in. Reboot and test between installs.

    Perhaps Googling comp.periphs.printers ng might turn up better answers.

    Sano, May 25, 2004
  5. claw

    claw Guest

    Typically I did not include full info needed.
    I have repeatedly allowed the XP install to continue until it
    arrives to the point 'cannot install - printer may not function
    correctly' or words to that effect. I have tried pointing to the
    CD install software for both and I still have the same
    response. These two printers have been installed on this PC
    for the last 4 months without a problem.

    claw, May 25, 2004
  6. claw

    Brian Guest

    "claw" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Win XP Pro.
    >
    > I have two printers installed on my PC, a HP2410xi photosmart
    > multifunction and a Canon i450. I use the i450 to print BW because
    > the ink is cheaper. Both operate as designed, neither has any
    > problems, printing as directed in every way.
    >
    > I recently had the chore of reinstalling XP and ever since then each
    > time I boot a window arises that tells me that new hardware, a
    > printer, has been found and needs to be installed. I have deleted
    > and reinstalled both printers, twice, told windows not to notify me
    > of this again but still get the new hardware notice. What else can
    > I do or where can I look to eliminate the benign nuisance?

    just a guess but you mentioned that u have a multifunction printer.. could
    it be, that there is a scanner or fax on that machine? if so it could well
    be that a driver is missing for just one of those.... windows recognises
    them as different machines...
    have a look in the device manager to see if there are any question marks...

    Brian
    Brian, May 26, 2004
  7. claw

    Bill Poston Guest

    Hello,

    I'm having the same problems as described below. If anyone has the
    answer, please send it to me or post it here. Thanks.

    Bill Poston, Feb 10, 2005