Printer Help needed ??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gea, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Gea

    Gea Guest

    Dear Group,
    I seem to have had a bad time with printers, rangeing from the Lexmark,
    Epson and now HP, becuase I used 'compatible inks' I couldn't claim on the
    warranties when they all broke, including my much loved Epson 1290 A3, which
    is apparently prone to breaking because of the head , I spent £140 haveing
    it repaired, and its now good for nothing, I ended up with an HPDeskjet
    3845, which has given me no trouble thought the prints aren't great until I
    recently installed two generic cartridges from Choice Staionery, it started
    blinking and is now broken, Choice have said its the printer and that
    faults only show up when you replace the ink.. {???}
    I am now in a real dilemma, do I spend £30 on the right cartridges , only to
    find the printer is now completely broken[I have run every test and replaced
    the software etc.or wait to buy a really good A3 printer[probably forever
    !!] ] I really want a reliable good quality printer , I would love A3 if it
    isn't going to break within a year and also the price...
    any advice here are my pictures
    http://geaannunziata.deviantart.com/
    thankyou for your help

    Gea Jones
    Gea, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Gea wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    > I seem to have had a bad time with printers, rangeing from the
    > Lexmark, Epson and now HP, becuase I used 'compatible inks' I
    > couldn't claim on the warranties when they all broke, including my
    > much loved Epson 1290 A3, which is apparently prone to breaking
    > because of the head , I spent £140 haveing it repaired, and its now
    > good for nothing, I ended up with an HPDeskjet 3845, which has given
    > me no trouble thought the prints aren't great until I recently
    > installed two generic cartridges from Choice Staionery, it started
    > blinking and is now broken, Choice have said its the printer and
    > that faults only show up when you replace the ink.. {???}
    > I am now in a real dilemma, do I spend £30 on the right cartridges ,
    > only to find the printer is now completely broken[I have run every
    > test and replaced the software etc.or wait to buy a really good A3
    > printer[probably forever !!] ] I really want a reliable good quality
    > printer , I would love A3 if it isn't going to break within a year
    > and also the price...
    > any advice here are my pictures
    > http://geaannunziata.deviantart.com/
    > thankyou for your help
    >
    > Gea Jones

    I use an old Lexmark printer that cost about £30 and top up with coloured
    ink from Lidl's store at £2.49 for a full refill (3 colours). The secret is
    to top up before the cartridge starts to run dry. I get perfect prints,
    particularly on the photographic (high quality) setting, and my costs are
    minimal. The Lidl refills come in ready-to-use hypodermic needles topped
    with little plastic containers that you simply squeeze. No mess, no fuss,
    and dirt cheap.

    Dennis.
    Dennis Pogson, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Gea