    fade/water resistance.

    Any recommendations?
    Thanks, bg

    BG250, Jan 9, 2004

  2. If your are looking for a good four color get the Espon C-84 it can very
    high photo print with a stated 80 years before noticable fading. Print
    quality is excellent Epson durabrite paper. It uses separate ink cartrides.
    It costs only $80 with full ink carts and $20 rebate. I have one about 5
    months with no clogging problems replacing a an Epson 780 which did.

    Sheldon

    "BG250" <> wrote in message
    > I have an Epson 820 six ink printer now. Beautiful images, but it clogs up
    > and is now useless as I can't get it to work. I would like a four ink

    system
    > with the print head in the cartridge. I'm leaning toward the HPs with the
    > large sized cartridges (looks like the ones they use in their plotters).

    I'm

    Sheldon Strauss, Jan 9, 2004

  3. BG250

    Mark Herring Guest

    If you are used to the quality from 6-color, I cannot imagine that you
    will be happy with 4-color.

    I am one of the ones who does NOT have clogging problems with Epson.

    HP, Canon, and Epson now all make high-quality printers with 6 and
    more colors. Each has its pros and cons.

    On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:32:19 -0500, "BG250" <>
    wrote:

    >I have an Epson 820 six ink printer now. Beautiful images, but it clogs up
    >and is now useless as I can't get it to work. I would like a four ink system
    >with the print head in the cartridge. I'm leaning toward the HPs with the
    >large sized cartridges (looks like the ones they use in their plotters). I'm
    >not sure about how well the 4 ink system will do with image quality and
    >fade/water resistance.
    >
    >Any recommendations?
    >Thanks, bg

    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.