    which paper is the best so as not to loose the photo over time? is it
    possible to get paper that wont fade??

    THANKS!!
    KOS, May 10, 2004

  2. KOS wrote:
    > Hi I am looking to buy a printer to print digital photos. Currentlly I
    > am running a laser printer. Is it possible to run 2 printers?

    Sure. How easy depends on your hardware and operating system

    > The new
    > printer woudl be solely for digital photos.
    >
    > ANyone have an recommendations for good, reliable, reasonably priced
    > printers for digital photos?

    Good color photo grade printers are widely available and cheap. The
    real cost is the ink and paper. Most give the best results using their own
    ink and paper. When making your choice make sure you consider the materials
    cost.

    The best bet right now are inkjet printers. The consumer laser printers
    don't do all that well with photos.

    Keep in mind that inkjet printers use cartridges that tend to dry up if
    not used a couple of times a week. Some models are worse than others. If
    you don't make a lot of pints you are not likely to get the max out of your
    ink.

    I will not try to make a specific suggestion since I am not really up on
    the current (this month) models.

    > which paper is the best so as not to loose the photo over time? is it
    > possible to get paper that wont fade??
    >
    > THANKS!!

    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, May 10, 2004

  3. KOS

    bagal Guest

    it looks more like math modulo 31 to me

    does 14 + 15 + 3 give the same answer?

    bagal, May 10, 2004
  4. bagal wrote:
    > it looks more like math modulo 31 to me
    >
    > does 14 + 15 + 3 give the same answer?

    26 Counties of the Republic (The South) and 6 Counties of the North
    equal one whole country, people and island as it was before the English

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    Dia's Muire duit
    Joseph Meehan, May 10, 2004
  5. KOS

    John H Guest

    On 10 May 2004 13:18:17 -0700, (KOS) wrote:

    >Hi I am looking to buy a printer to print digital photos. Currentlly I
    >am running a laser printer. Is it possible to run 2 printers? The new
    >printer woudl be solely for digital photos.
    >
    >ANyone have an recommendations for good, reliable, reasonably priced
    >printers for digital photos?
    >
    >which paper is the best so as not to loose the photo over time? is it
    >possible to get paper that wont fade??
    >
    >THANKS!!

    I use an HP for black and white and a Canon i960 exclusively for photos. Works
    quite well for me. The print windows always give a choice of printer. I leave
    the HP as the default because it's used much more frequently.

    John H

    On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
    on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!
    John H, May 11, 2004
  6. I use a Canon i950 and have been very pleased with it. As someone else
    pointed out, the real cost is not the printer itself but the consumables -
    ink and paper. Check the prices of replacement ink cartridges before you
    buy.

    I prefer separate tanks for each colour because you don't have to replace
    the whole lot just because one colour has run out. On the other hand, if
    all the colours run out at once, it is usually more expensive to replace
    them all than to buy a multi-coloured ink cartridge.

    Keith
    Keith Sheppard, May 11, 2004
  7. On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:14:21 -0400, John H <jherring$$@$$cox**.net>
    wrote:

    >On 10 May 2004 13:18:17 -0700, (KOS) wrote:
    >
    >>Hi I am looking to buy a printer to print digital photos. Currentlly I
    >>am running a laser printer. Is it possible to run 2 printers? The new
    >>printer woudl be solely for digital photos.
    >>
    >>ANyone have an recommendations for good, reliable, reasonably priced
    >>printers for digital photos?
    >>
    >>which paper is the best so as not to loose the photo over time? is it
    >>possible to get paper that wont fade??
    >>
    >>THANKS!!

    >I use an HP for black and white and a Canon i960 exclusively for photos. Works
    >quite well for me. The print windows always give a choice of printer. I leave
    >the HP as the default because it's used much more frequently.
    >
    >John H
    >
    >On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
    >on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

    I also use a Canon i960 as a photo printer and a Canon i560s for
    'normal' printing.

    The i960 does an excellent job!

    Scott in Florida
    Scott in Florida, May 12, 2004
  8. KOS

    Larry Guest

    In article <>, jherring$$@
    $$cox**.net says...
    > I use an HP for black and white and a Canon i960 exclusively for photos. Works
    > quite well for me. The print windows always give a choice of printer. I leave
    > the HP as the default because it's used much more frequently.
    >
    > John H
    >
    > On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
    > on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

    I've been using the i960 for "proofs" and I've had a LOT of nozzle clog
    problems on the light magenta. I've not had the problem with my i950, or the
    s820 that I used before it. Have you had any problems with the 960??

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, May 12, 2004
  9. KOS

    Larry Guest

    In article <k72oc.59$>,
    says...
    > I use a Canon i950 and have been very pleased with it. As someone else
    > pointed out, the real cost is not the printer itself but the consumables -
    > ink and paper. Check the prices of replacement ink cartridges before you
    > buy.
    >
    > I prefer separate tanks for each colour because you don't have to replace
    > the whole lot just because one colour has run out. On the other hand, if
    > all the colours run out at once, it is usually more expensive to replace
    > them all than to buy a multi-coloured ink cartridge.
    >

    > Keith

    I dont think its possible to have all the colors run out at the same time
    with any of the printers that use the carts in an i950.

    When I buy a set of new cartridges for an i950 or an i960 I buy 3 yellow 3
    light cyan and 3 light magenta with 1 black 1 magenta and 1 cyan.

    Thats about $150 (US) and about (not exactly but close) to the ratio the ink
    gets used, unless you are printing charts, graphs, or grey scale.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.
    Larry, May 12, 2004
  10. KOS

    Gary Guest

    I got an i960 that I love. I buy the ink from Atlantic inkjet and it cost
    about $2 to refill a tank.

    Gary, May 14, 2004