    to know why all of a sudden now the printer rings after 10 when it should
    not. Never done it before. I wish some people would just get a life after 5
    rings...I have caller ID and do screen my calls like most of the world.

    just ask, Jun 12, 2004

  2. just ask

    °Mike° Guest

    I'm curious ... what does this mean, to "get a life
    after 5 rings"?

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:56:04 GMT, in
    <E5Kyc.7685$>
    just ask scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 12, 2004

  3. just ask

    just ask Guest

    Mike,

    5 rings...if I do not answer then why let the darn phone continue to ring?
    If I am on the phone with someone I do not answer and I am sure some folks
    do the same thing. I think it is just annoying for people to let it ring
    after 5 times knowing that maybe just so and so is not going to answer or
    maybe not at home. Now I do forward my calls to my cell when I leave the
    house. Still the same thing...some people just do not learn. I did have
    that sprint message line but it also became annoying...line would not let
    you dial out until you answered you voicemail box. So I got rid of that.
    All of sudden now my printer wants to ring when I do not pick it up and that
    is just strange to me. I am guessing if I unhook the answer machine maybe
    it won't do that. But the answer machine is turned off...no electric
    getting to it but is it still plugged into the phone jack.

    just ask, Jun 12, 2004
  4. just ask

    °Mike° Guest

    I see. Some people (quite a lot) don't think "mobile/cell"
    when they make a call, nor do they assume that everybody
    answers the call in the first two rings; which they certainly
    do not. I was just curious what you meant by it.

    On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:17:54 GMT, in
    <6qKyc.7689$>
    just ask scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jun 12, 2004