    through a blank page when printing from Word or notepad
    thoughts?
    TY

    old man, Apr 19, 2007

  2. old man

    kraftee Guest

    old man wrote:
    > Hi,
    > A Lexmark inkjet, latest driver
    > Prints a test page & alignment page also clears nozzles, but simply
    > feeds through a blank page when printing from Word or notepad
    > thoughts?
    > TY

    Had a similar problem, a long time ago, with a Canon
    printer...upgrading the drivers cured it...

    kraftee, Apr 19, 2007

  3. old man

    meerkat Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > A Lexmark inkjet, latest driver
    > Prints a test page & alignment page also clears nozzles, but simply feeds
    > through a blank page when printing from Word or notepad
    > thoughts?

    If it self tests/aligns, the printer `should` be Ok.
    So that leaves, cable ?, USB ?. software ?.

    meerkat, Apr 19, 2007
  4. old man

    old man Guest

    I tried it with the latest driver, no change

    old man, Apr 19, 2007
  5. old man

    old man Guest

    I do confess both test page and alingnment page show bad quality

    old man, Apr 19, 2007
  6. old man

    meerkat Guest

    "old man" <> wrote in message
    >I do confess both test page and alingnment page show bad quality

    Try uninstalling, and re-installing your printer software.
    That`s cheaper to try, than buying a new printer.
    ( I`ve got my fingers crossed for you <g>.)

    meerkat, Apr 19, 2007
  7. old man

    Keme Guest

    old man skrev:
    > Hi,
    > A Lexmark inkjet, latest driver
    > Prints a test page & alignment page also clears nozzles, but simply feeds
    > through a blank page when printing from Word or notepad
    > thoughts?
    > TY

    Could be a number of things. How is your computer and printer connected
    (Parallel cable, USB, network, ...)? With a bad parallel cable, this
    kind of error can occur, but then you should also see the test page
    having many wrong characters printed.
    Check that the paper size loaded in the printer is the same that's
    selected in the print dialog and/or page format settings when printing
    from applications.
    Does the blank page feed straight through, or is the print head moving,
    as if attempting to print something?
    Have you tried printing from other applications? Try graphic
    applications, like photo, drawing or presentation programs.
    Do the applications use the correct printer driver? Select the printer
    from within the software, or set the printer as default. (If other
    printers are installed, you may be using the wrong driver even if
    printing to the correct port.)

    Keme, Apr 20, 2007
  8. old man

    old man Guest

    Ive tried this on another PC with same results, I have to assume printer has
    gone wst

    old man, Apr 21, 2007