    Five ain't a lot, but it's better than zero.

    I'm not here to shill for Canon, so let me ask: Does anyone know other
    printer-mfgrs who are x64-friendly?

    DP, Mar 4, 2006

  2. DP

    Corsair Guest

    there are some beta driver for HP printer for xp64, If I remember in AMDzone
    or something like, this beta drivers are working very fine with my XP64 and
    deskjet 6840.

    Corsair, Mar 4, 2006

  3. DP

    Peter Lawton Guest

    Epson have quite a few x64 drivers available on their Web site, even for my
    CX6600 all in one printer/scanner

    Although looking at Samsung's Web site you'd think they haven't heard about
    x64 in Japan yet, there are a lot of Samsung x64 printer drivers hidden on
    the MS Windows Update site that yor PC should find when it installs the
    printer, if you select "Automatically detect and install my Plug an Play
    Printer"

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Mar 4, 2006
  4. Its http://www.planetamd64.com recommended source for beta drivers
    especially for HP printers. Free registration by the way.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Mar 5, 2006
  5. DP

    John Barnes Guest

    Brother also has good 64-bit support for printers and all-in-ones

    John Barnes, Mar 5, 2006
  6. Our cheap Brother printers in the office are the only ones that work
    flawlessly for me in 64 bit. The others (Xantes/Konica Bizhub) require
    workarounds. Too bad the Brothers aren't very good graphics printers, and
    don't do tabloid...

    Dennis Gordon, Mar 5, 2006
  7. DP

    John Barnes Guest

    For those who only need a functional printer, scanner, fax and copier, it is
    a cheap and great solution. If I need high quality prints of photos, I
    either use my Canon on x86 or upload to a professional printing outfit.
    With 6,000x1200 dpi (on a $60 all-in-one), I would guess that photos would
    come out pretty good, but haven't used this as the setup is too difficult
    compared to the Canon.

    John Barnes, Mar 5, 2006
  8. Ah, we don't have the all in ones. We have 4 Brother lasers, and I rarely
    print to them because I have to walk way down the hall to retrieve 'em. I
    probably could configure them better if I took the time (like 10 seconds to
    change the line screen...;-)

    Dennis Gordon, Mar 5, 2006
  9. DP

    Corsair Guest

    yes, thanks the link for x64 for hp is:
    http://www.neds.ca/HP64beta/GoesTo64Full6.64.0.12.rar

    I've using with my hp 6840 by means of ethernet connection and it's working
    great, so suppose that by USB should be fine too.

    ---quote---
    Here is the list. Take the 0s as a wildcard so if your model is hp psc 2510
    it belongs to the hp psc 25** series.

    hp psc 1400 series
    hp psc 1600 series
    hp psc 2350 series
    hp officejet 6100 series
    hp officejet 5600 series
    hp photosmart 2600 series
    hp photosmart 2700 series
    hp officejet 7400 series
    hp officejet 7200 series
    hp officejet 7300 series
    hp officejet 6200 series
    hp psc 2150 series
    hp psc 2170 series
    hp psc 2200 series
    hp psc 2100 series
    hp psc 2400 series
    hp psc 2500 series
    hp psc 2300 series
    hp officejet 4200 series
    hp psc 1100 series
    hp psc 1000 series
    hp psc 1200 series
    hp officejet 5500 series
    hp psc 1310 series
    hp psc 1300 series
    hp officejet 4105 series
    hp officejet 4100 series
    hp psc 1500 series
    hp photosmart 330 series
    hp photosmart 380 series
    hp photosmart 420 series
    hp photosmart 470 series
    hp photosmart 7800 series
    hp photosmart 8000 series
    hp photosmart 8200 series
    hp photosmart 140 series
    hp photosmart 240 series
    hp photosmart 7200 series
    hp photosmart 7600 series
    hp photosmart 7700 series
    hp photosmart 7900 series
    hp photosmart 320 series
    hp photosmart 370 series
    hp photosmart 7400 series
    hp photosmart 8100 series
    hp photosmart 8400 series
    hp photosmart 8700 series
    hp deskjet 3320 series
    hp deskjet 3420 series
    hp deskjet 3500 series
    hp deskjet 3600 series
    hp deskjet 3740 series
    hp deskjet 3840 series
    hp deskjet 3900 series
    hp deskjet 5100 series
    hp deskjet 5400 series
    hp deskjet 5550 series
    hp deskjet 5551 series
    hp deskjet 5600 series
    hp deskjet 5700 series
    hp deskjet 5800 series
    hp deskjet 6122 series
    hp deskjet 6127 series
    hp deskjet 630c series
    hp deskjet 640c series
    hp deskjet 6500 series
    hp deskjet 656c series
    hp deskjet 6600 series
    hp deskjet 6800 series
    hp deskjet 816c series
    hp deskjet 825c series
    hp deskjet 840c series
    hp deskjet 845c series
    hp deskjet 895c series
    hp deskjet 920c series
    hp deskjet 930c series
    hp deskjet 940c series
    hp deskjet 950c series
    hp deskjet 955c series
    hp deskjet 957c series
    hp deskjet 960c series
    hp deskjet 980c series
    hp deskjet 990c series
    hp deskjet 995c series
    hp deskjet 970c series
    hp deskjet 5900 series

    The file is attached since I could find a better place to put it. Please use
    this topic to talk about the driver.

    This driver IS NOT SUPPORTED BY HP in any way, form or fashion. This driver
    is in a PRE-BETA state and it is delivered 'as is'. HP will not assume any
    responsibility about what might happen to your PC. This driver has not
    passed WHQL tests so plug and play is fairly slow and you will have to click
    on some Windows warnings to continue the install.
    You are on your own. You might get "voluntary" help in Planet AMD64 > Forum
    Home > Software > Drivers
    (http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showforum=14)

    CAUTION! If you ever call HP support about this driver your 64 bit processor
    will overclock itself until it burns!
    If you are not familiar with what an INF file is or device manager please
    stay away from this driver, no offense intended.

    In the Found New Hardware Wizard do:
    1) Select "No, not this time"
    2) "Install the software automatically (Recommended)
    3) Click "Continue anyway" on the Scary Windows screen.
    4) Finally click "Finish"

    hp deskjet series: 3320, 3420, 3500, 3600, 3740, 3840, 5100, 5550, 5551,
    5600, 5700, 5800, 6122, 6127, 630c, 640c, 6500, 656c, 6600, 6800, 816c,
    825c, 840c, 845c, 895c, 920c, 930c, 940c, 950c, 955c, 957c, 960c, 970c,
    980c, 990c, 995c
    hp officejet series: 4100, 4105, 4200, 5500, 6100, 6200, 7200, 7300, 7300,
    7400
    hp photosmart series: 140, 240, 2600, 2700, 320, 370, 7200, 7400, 7600,
    7700, 7900, 8100, 8400, 8700
    hp psc series: 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1310, 1600, 2100, 2150, 2170, 2200,
    2300, 2350, 2400, 2500
    ---unquote---

    regards/Corsair

    Corsair, Mar 5, 2006