    printer to print, and (2)which current model black and white laser will be
    the first to get a signed 64 bit printer driver from either microsoft or its
    manufacturer?
    =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGlwIERhd3Nvbg==?=, Nov 18, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UGhpbGlwIERhd3Nvbg==?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    What is the make and model of the printers???

    Dennis Pack, Nov 18, 2005

  3. HP and Xerox have been early x64 driver adopters. Both venders are
    investing in this technology. Start by calling a sales rep and asking them
    for the x64 driver letting them know you need these for future sales. X64
    performs great as print servers but yes getting the vendors on board is the
    biggest hurdle.

    Number Remote Printers 356 on \\prn-server1
    Windows Version 5.2 Build 3790 (Service Pack 1) FREE
    Number of Processors 4 PROCESSOR_AMD64 Level 15
    Total Jobs Spooled 339,197
    Total Bytes Printed 350,174,218,506
    Total GDI Pages Printed 2,109,067
    Average Bytes/Job 1,032,362
    Average Pages/Job 6
    Average Bytes/Page 166,032
    Queues with Jobs 10
    # Jobs # Queues:
    4 1
    3 1
    2 1
    1 7
    Server Up Time 21 Days 13:14:17

    Driver name Xerox WCP C3545 PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox WCP 55 PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox WCP 35 PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox Phaser 8400DX PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox Phaser 7700GX,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox Phaser 7700DX,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox Phaser 7700DN,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox Phaser 6200DP,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name Xerox DC 555 PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name HP LaserJet 9050 PCL 5e,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name HP LaserJet 9000 PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name HP LaserJet 9000 PCL 6,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name HP Color LaserJet 9500 PS,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64
    Driver name HP Color LaserJet 9500 PCL 6,3,Windows x64
    Environment Windows x64

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Nov 18, 2005
  4. Epson have just come out of the close
    http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Vi...B8769B978446C458D2EEA1A0D465A0C939DFC39A9C3EE

    Canon jumped last week:

    Drivers and software, for the Pixma printers, are available for these models:

    P90, iP1500, iP1600, iP2000, iP3000, iP4000, iP4200
    iP5000, iP6000D, iP6210D, iP6220D, iP6600D, iP8500

    The link is here: http://software.canon-europe.com

    HP have had beta drivers out for a while now, so they must be almost ready
    -. can't find my link :-(
    But if you search using on www.hp.com "x64 driver" there are plenty of hits
    =?Utf-8?B?amFubWFuX2Rr?=, Nov 18, 2005