    going to introduce 64 bit drivers?
    --
    Mike
    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=, Jun 9, 2005

  2. HP does have a FAQ posted on their site indicating their printers they will
    support unders x64. You can find the FAQ here

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00364537

    If you cannot find your printer on the list, it has been suggested that you
    try choosing a printer driver for a similar HP printer. The chances are good
    that it will driver will work.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jun 9, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:20:05 -0700, "Michael Hadley"
    <> wrote:

    >Is there any way round
    >this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
    >going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

    If you can't find them on HP's website (they have x64 drivers), then
    try and use the drivers of a model similar to the model you have. This
    might work.
    For the rest, e-mail them politely, asking for 64-bit drivers for your
    printer-model, and sit back, have a nice cold beer, and wait.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Many thanks but we have a LaserJet 3300 only just under a year old but there
    appears to be no workaround or download for this range.

    Mike

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=, Jun 9, 2005
  5. "Michael Hadley" <> wrote in message
    > Many thanks but we have a LaserJet 3300 only just under a year old but
    > there
    > appears to be no workaround or download for this range.

    As was suggested have you tried using one fo the older standard drivers in
    included in the x64 product such as a LaserJet 5 driver or one of the
    others.
    These have been found to occasionally work to allow basic printing
    functionality.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jun 9, 2005
  6. Has anyone seen anything on Canon printers, specifically the Pixima series?

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbms=?=, Jun 9, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Received this from Canon 1 hour ago.

    Thank you for your reply.

    I understand your concerns, but at this time, Canon USA has not
    announced Windows XP x64 driver availability for consumer products. We
    do not have any specific information on development schedules, but as
    soon as any specific product support or announcements are made, and
    drivers become available, it will be posted to the Web site. I again
    regret any inconvenience.

    Sincerely,

    Jack
    Technical Support Representative

    John Barnes, Jun 9, 2005
  8. Michael Hadley <> wrote:
    > Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of
    > our printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to
    > introduce drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is
    > there any way round this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info
    > as to when and if HP are going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

    Hi Michael

    Have a look at www.planetamd64.com, you'll find a driver for HP.
    My 6100 all in one is working thanks to planetamd64

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 9, 2005
  9. Christian, Many thanks for replying but where on www.planetamd64.com did you
    find the driver? I've searched it.

    Mike

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=, Jun 9, 2005
  10. Christian Hougardy, Jun 10, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCBIYWRsZXk=?=

    LDJ Guest

    Hello Michael!
    Michael Hadley wrote:
    > Have just upgraded to Windows Professsinal XP 64. Cannot use any of our
    > printers as the drivers only work on 64 bit. Epson are about to introduce
    > drivers. Cannot get any information at all from HP. Is there any way round
    > this or, alternatively, has anyone got any info as to when and if HP are
    > going to introduce 64 bit drivers?

    Please go to PlanetAMD64 and read the thread:

    HP 64b Drivers, Pre-Beta Drivers for Windows XP x64

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=6711

    You have to register, if you want to download files. Not to read the msg's.

    Kind Regards
    LDJ
    LDJ, Jun 12, 2005