    responded to my e-mail. I could not find a phone number for them. The Point
    of Sale retail personnel I have spoken to really have no comprehension of 64
    bit computing.

    =?Utf-8?B?SlNoYWZmZXItTGlicmFyaWFu?=, Oct 4, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SlNoYWZmZXItTGlicmFyaWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Brother, Epson and HP are the leaders in getting drivers for x64 both for
    printers and multi-function. Lexmark has them for many of their printers,
    but I don't know of any for multi-function units.
    "JShaffer-Librarian" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Oct 4, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SlNoYWZmZXItTGlicmFyaWFu?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I should add that you should check the website of the printer manufacturer
    to see if a 64-bit driver is available before you buy any printer or
    multi-function unit.

    John Barnes, Oct 4, 2005
  4. 1.) see my blogs on the subject for more details
    2.) open 'ntprint.inf' to see a list of supported printers
    3.) the vast majority of printers can be made to do at least basic printing
    using one of the existing drivers. (see the blog entries for details.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 4, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SlNoYWZmZXItTGlicmFyaWFu?=

    billblack Guest

    I am in the POS business and can say I have yet to see any 64 bit drivers
    for receipt printers. We deal with Epson, Axiohm and a few other brands.
    Most receipt printers use OPOS or proprietary drivers (none of which are
    64bit yet).

    Jeff

    billblack, Oct 5, 2005