    driver does not allow maintenance (head cleaning etc) or display ink
    levels. I can't find anything on the Epson site.

    Thanks
    SS, Jan 2, 2008

  2. SS

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 10:51:34 GMT, SS wrote:

    >Looking for a printer driver that will work properly on VISTA. Current
    >driver does not allow maintenance (head cleaning etc) or display ink

    Is that current driver as in the Vista driver or current as in XP/2000
    driver? Matbe 1 of the older drivers will work.

    >levels. I can't find anything on the Epson site.
    >
    >Thanks

    Try searching the MS Vista newsgroups,

    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

    Google list of Vista groups
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?&sel=33656486&expand=1

    Me
    why?, Jan 2, 2008

  3. SS

    Plato Guest

    SS wrote:

    > Looking for a printer driver that will work properly on VISTA. Current
    > driver does not allow maintenance (head cleaning etc) or display ink
    > levels. I can't find anything on the Epson site.

    Might want to try an xP driver.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 3, 2008
  4. SS

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "SS" <> wrote in message
    > Looking for a printer driver that will work properly on VISTA. Current
    > driver does not allow maintenance (head cleaning etc) or display ink
    > levels. I can't find anything on the Epson site.

    I had the same problem with a driver for my Epson printer when it was
    ruining with the XP pro O/S. I called Espon at the time. They told me tuff,
    and it wouldn't be one that worked with all the features you're talking
    about above. The clean print head did work. I think you can also push some
    buttons on the printer that will to the cleaning too.
    Mr. Arnold, Jan 3, 2008