    Anybody have some suggestions for an alternate driver?

    Thanks,
    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Dec 26, 2005

  2. Nope, no alternate drivers, only the manufacturer of your printer can
    provide native 64 device drivers. So, the decision is either to wait or
    invest in a printer that is currently supported on Windows x64.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Dec 26, 2005

  3. It used to be that 'none-HP' printers had a 'DIP Switch' to turn on 'PCL
    Compatibility Mode', which is HP's Printer Command Language; you could then
    try a HP Driver of some model with the most compatible features. You should
    have basic printing at the very least. Check your printer manual!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 26, 2005
  4. Larry Hodges

    John Barnes Guest

    You could try the BJC8000 which works with a lot of the 4 & 5 tank models.
    You won't have all features and you won't get better than standard print,
    but at least prints text well. Quality pictures you won't get and no
    scanning. Unfortunately, with Canon, even when you got the drivers the
    software still didn't work. Maybe they have fixed that by now, but if not,
    something to consider.

    John Barnes, Dec 26, 2005