Printer connecting and permission problems.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?V2FsbGFjZSBZYW5n?=, Nov 27, 2006.

  1. Dear MS community:

    I'm using windows 2000 and am getting an error message when as
    administrator, I try to change printer permissions. The printer is HP Laser
    Jet 2000.

    When I change the print group permissions and click Apply or OK, it reports,
    "Unable to save permission changes on HPLaserJ". However, I'm not totally
    convinced that it wasn't able to save the permission settings because the
    next time I check the permissions, they have been modified.

    There's another symptom that is perhaps related. I can't connect to the
    printer from CUPS in Fedora Core 5, but I can connect to another windows 2000
    printer server from FC5. The printer server that is problematic can also
    access the shares on FC5.

    I've used utitilites for virus scans, registry error fixes, and have kept
    the system updated - to no avail. Any ideas will help.

    Thanks.

    Wallace

    =?Utf-8?B?V2FsbGFjZSBZYW5n?=, Nov 27, 2006