    moderntravel DOT net

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Sep 5, 2005

  2. here's an easier way -- take the laptop and go to "add a printer". Just
    follow the steps as if there were a printer there, and when it asks you what
    printer you have, it will throw up a long list of printers that are
    supported.

    You could also parse "ntprint.inf", but that's more work to understand it
    all, IMHO.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Torrey Lauer

    Leo Guest

    Torrey Lauer wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could post which printer you have that
    >is working with your Windows XP Prof. x64? Basic printing is all that is
    >needed.
    >
    >I'm looking at buying a new pritner for my cousin that just started college
    >and I just got him a new laptop on which I installed Windows XP Prof. x64.
    >
    >Thanks for your replies!

    This might be helpful:
    http://www.3dvelocity.com/articles/win64compatibility/win64hardlist.htm

    Leo, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Epson Stylus CX 4600 and you can get drivers from Epson
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 5, 2005
  5. Personally, I am very much in favor of HP. I have the PSC 2355 - it has an
    amazing quality, so much that you would be a professional photographer to
    ever consider buying the extra photo-cartridge - it is quite reasonable in
    ink, and comes with a bug that makes the printing of brochures (4
    pages/sheet) a pestilence. I am confident that this will be taken care of.
    Only draw-back is the noisy paper transport - a feature it shares with all
    Ink-Jets that I have come across.

    HP - has official drivers - in 32bit it scans from the printers panel, in
    64bit you have to go through the Control Panel applet, but the end result is
    the same.

    I have a habit of printing the PDF Manuals that comes with all kinds of
    different products, these days. That is why I use the broschure facility
    quite a lot, this means that the software turns the pages and scales A4 to
    A5, so that you get 4 pages per sheet. This, naturally, scales to smaller
    fonts as well, an operation that is performed without impairing the
    readability of the 'fine print'. That is, primarily, why I call this
    amazing. A student writing reports would absolutely love this gem.

    Greetings, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Torrey Lauer

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 5-Sep-2005, "Torrey Lauer" <> wrote:

    > Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could post which printer you have that
    >
    > is working with your Windows XP Prof. x64? Basic printing is all that is
    > needed.

    Tore,

    I have a HP Laserjet 1200 and a HP Officejet G85 working under x64.

    I guess I have to ask. Why x64 for a college student who doesn't have the
    skills to load it himself? While this version of Windows is what use
    exclusively now, I'm comfortable supporting it myself. Given his/her skill
    level, I wonder if XP Home or XP Pro might be a better choice?

    Sam Crawford, Sep 5, 2005
  7. Torrey Lauer

    VWWall Guest

    Torrey Lauer wrote:
    > Hi everyone, I was wondering if you could post which printer you have that
    > is working with your Windows XP Prof. x64? Basic printing is all that is
    > needed.
    >
    > I'm looking at buying a new pritner for my cousin that just started college
    > and I just got him a new laptop on which I installed Windows XP Prof. x64.

    Look in Windows\inf\ntprint.inf This is ~10K file--scroll down and you
    will find a list of printers supported by WinXP x64, "out of the box".

    There are new 64bit drivers becoming available on printer makers sites.

    --
    Virg Wall

    VWWall, Sep 5, 2005
  8. No problems with Brother HL - 1230 (Laser Printer)
    Look at their Homepage for x64 driver.

    =?Utf-8?B?RXJuc3Q=?=, Sep 5, 2005
  9. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Thanks everyone! That has helped tremendously!

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Sep 5, 2005
  10. Torrey Lauer

    Gatos Loco Guest

    My Canon PIXMA 5000 so far DOES NOT have drivers. I have just left it
    hooked to one of my 32bit systems for now.

    I suggest going to http://planetamd64.com/
    They have some printer drivers there, as well as a fair amount of
    info. Also as has been mentioned previously check the vendors web
    sites of a printer that you have or are considering.

    By the way how did the laptop install go for XP64? Is lt fully
    functioning? and what kind is it?

    Cheers
    Gato Loco

    Gatos Loco, Sep 5, 2005