    are not compatible with Dell computers.

    Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Dennis

    Starcap 50, Nov 13, 2003

  2. "Starcap 50" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > My printer has conked out.
    >
    > It was a Hewlett Packard DeskJet 722C.
    >
    > It was a great printer until now.
    >
    > Can somebody suggest the make and model of a desk jet printer of

    comparable
    > quality, as good or better, as my HP Deskjet 722C? I don't think these

    are
    > made anymore.
    >
    > One more thing. My computer is a Dell. I've read somewhere that some

    printers
    > are not compatible with Dell computers.
    >
    > Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Dennis

    What are your main priorities for a printer?
    Fast print speed?
    High quality photo printing?
    Inexpensive ink?

    Personally I like Epson, but I mainly print photographs and IMHO they have
    the best photo print quality.

    The Ancient One, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Starcap 50

    Night_Seer Guest

    The Ancient One wrote:
    > "Starcap 50" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> My printer has conked out.
    >>
    >> It was a Hewlett Packard DeskJet 722C.
    >>
    >> It was a great printer until now.
    >>
    >> Can somebody suggest the make and model of a desk jet printer of
    >> comparable quality, as good or better, as my HP Deskjet 722C? I
    >> don't think these are made anymore.
    >>
    >> One more thing. My computer is a Dell. I've read somewhere that
    >> some printers are not compatible with Dell computers.
    >>
    >> Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >>
    >> Dennis

    > What are your main priorities for a printer?
    > Fast print speed?
    > High quality photo printing?
    > Inexpensive ink?
    >
    > Personally I like Epson, but I mainly print photographs and IMHO they
    > have the best photo print quality.

    I agree with you on Epson. My dad has one, and I just got one for
    my birthday. An Epson STYLUS PHOTO R300, which i love to death. It
    prints at very high resolution for photos, as well as borderless. It
    has a built in 6 in 1 card reader (luckily I didn't buy one, as I was
    about to). You can print photos without a printer, you can connect your
    camera up to it and preview the pictures you want to print through the
    LCD on your camera (digital camera of course), or there is also an
    optional LCD for it (probably about 100 bucks, so not really worth it,
    when I use photoshop anyways). It is USB 2.0 compatible (if your
    computer only has USB 1.1, it will work with that as well). There is an
    optional bluetooth adapter to print wirelessly (though I don't know how
    useful this will be for you). And last but not least, it will print
    directly to Inkjet printable CD's. All this for 179 bucks at Best Buy.
    It set up easily, and has run flawlessly since I got it. Highly
    recomended.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Nov 14, 2003
  4. Starcap 50

    Starcap 50 Guest

    From: "The Ancient One"

    >>What are your main priorities for a printer? Fast print speed? High quality

    photo printing? Inexpensive ink?<<

    Gosh, nothing fancy.

    Just the ability to give me a high quality printout of any articles of interest
    that I may want to print out from the internet.

    I am also job hunting right now, so I want to be able to print out a good black
    and white resume that looks first class.

    Again, nothing fancy. Photos are not a priority. Just high quality printouts
    of various things I type up on Word Pad, such as short stories, essays, and my
    resume, and any articles that I find of interest on the internet.

    Perhaps, I should stick with HP? If so, what would be a decent model for my
    needs?

    Dennis

    Starcap 50, Nov 14, 2003
  5. Starcap 50

    Your name Guest

    (Starcap 50) wrote in

    > From: "The Ancient One"
    >
    >>>What are your main priorities for a printer? Fast print speed? High
    >>>quality

    > photo printing? Inexpensive ink?<<
    >
    > Gosh, nothing fancy.
    >
    > Just the ability to give me a high quality printout of any articles

    of
    > interest that I may want to print out from the internet.
    >
    > I am also job hunting right now, so I want to be able to print out a
    > good black and white resume that looks first class.
    >
    > Again, nothing fancy. Photos are not a priority. Just high quality
    > printouts of various things I type up on Word Pad, such as short
    > stories, essays, and my resume, and any articles that I find of
    > interest on the internet.
    >
    > Perhaps, I should stick with HP? If so, what would be a decent

    model
    > for my needs?
    >
    > Dennis

    I have a HP5150 at work. Except for the ink, it's a real good printer.
    I'm going to get one for home.

    Your name, Nov 14, 2003
  6. Starcap 50

    LarryLamb Guest

    "Starcap 50" <> wrote in message
    > From: "The Ancient One"
    >
    > >>What are your main priorities for a printer? Fast print speed? High quality

    > photo printing? Inexpensive ink?<<
    >
    > Gosh, nothing fancy.
    >
    > Just the ability to give me a high quality printout of any articles of

    interest
    > that I may want to print out from the internet.
    >
    > I am also job hunting right now, so I want to be able to print out a good

    black
    > and white resume that looks first class.
    >
    > Again, nothing fancy. Photos are not a priority. Just high quality printouts
    > of various things I type up on Word Pad, such as short stories, essays, and my
    > resume, and any articles that I find of interest on the internet.
    >
    > Perhaps, I should stick with HP? If so, what would be a decent model for my
    > needs?
    >
    > Dennis

    There's no substitute for seeing what a printer can do at first hand. Many
    PC dealers will happily demonstrate a particular model for you.

    One thing you'll rarely see on a printer brochure is the cost of consumables
    and this can vary enormously, from a few pence to a pound or more per print.
    Printer ink can be spectacularly expensive.

    Try the Canon i550 or for quality pictures the Canon
    i950 [USB only]. The former is USB 1.1 and parallel and most
    importantly, it's dead cheap to run.

    LarryLamb, Nov 14, 2003