    Security Manager 3.0?

    thanks

    Cairn

    Cairn, Jul 20, 2006

  2. Cairn

    Guest

    Cairn wrote:
    > Hi, does anyone know where I can obtain a printed copy of the User
    > Guide for Cisco Security Manager 3.0? I have the PDF but it's about
    > 2600 pages!
    >
    > Alternatively, is there a Cisco book that covers how to configure Cisco
    > Security Manager 3.0?

    If you have acess to a printer that can pront on both sides you can
    reduce this to 650 pieces of paper and still IME have something
    readable.

    Print 2 pages per side and on both sides.

    , Jul 20, 2006

  3. Cairn

    Cairn Guest

    A useful idea, thanks.
    I think my printer would struggle though, so a hard copy would be
    ideal.

    Cairn, Jul 20, 2006
  4. Cairn

    J Guest

    Cairn wrote:
    > Hi, does anyone know where I can obtain a printed copy of the User
    > Guide for Cisco Security Manager 3.0? I have the PDF but it's about
    > 2600 pages!
    >
    > Alternatively, is there a Cisco book that covers how to configure Cisco
    > Security Manager 3.0?

    I would also agree with the self-printed option. You could always have
    Kinkos print it for you.

    http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587052539&rl=1#info1

    That book will be available in about 6 weeks. It says that it covers
    Cisco Security Manager, though I don't know which version.

    J, Jul 20, 2006
  5. Hi Cairn,

    The following is available:

    Installation Guide for Cisco Security Manager 3.0.
    Release date : Apr 03 2006

    PART#:78-17213-01 A0 Document: DOC-7817213=

    This is the Product documentation for Installation Guide for Cisco
    Security Manager 3.0.
    It provides step-by-step instructions for installing or upgrading a
    Cisco product or module. This guide may include the product packing
    list, safety information, and initial set-up steps.

    Price $32.00

    -------------------------------------

    Installation Guide for Cisco Security Manager 3.0.1.
    Release date : Jul 11 2006

    PART#:DOC-7817213= B0 Document: 78-17213-02

    This is the Product documentation for Installation Guide for Cisco
    Security Manager 3.0.1. Document provides step-by-step instructions for
    installing or upgrading a Cisco product or module. This guide may
    include the product packing list, safety information, and initial
    set-up steps.

    Price $32.00

    -------------------------------------

    Available at the Cisco Marketplace Product Documentation Store:

    http://www.cisco.com/go/marketplace

    Finally, the Cisco Press Book - Self-Defending Networks: The Next
    Generation of Network Security.

    Chapter 9: Cisco Security Manager ( CS Manager )

    http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore...2539&aid=dcb9cea5-50c2-44d3-af02-9ab5cc199d74

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical-newsgroups.htm

    www.BradReese.Com, Jul 20, 2006
  6. "Cairn" <> writes:
    >Hi, does anyone know where I can obtain a printed copy of the User
    >Guide for Cisco Security Manager 3.0? I have the PDF but it's about
    >2600 pages!

    Cisco partners with somebody for print-on-demand for much of its
    documentation. Unfortunatly, I don't see the User Guide, just the
    Installation Guide. OOTH, larger books tend to be pretty pricey, $100
    or so..

    https://cisco.mediuscorp.com/market/techdocs/parentCat.se.work?TRGT=17&/nxt/rcrs/=79

    Doug McIntyre, Jul 20, 2006
  7. Cairn

    Cairn Guest

    Thanks for your help folks. I think I'm going to have to wait for Cisco
    to bring out a manual or get it printed.

    cheers

    Cairn

    -----

    Cairn, Jul 26, 2006