    http://www.clicqx.com
    AIM-SdDarkman619
    --
    DarkMan, Jul 22, 2003

  2. DarkMan

    Tony Nazar Guest

    In article <%60Ta.2532$>,
    "DarkMan" <> wrote:

    > it looks as if it has wet
    > spots or there is soemthign ont he glass, maybe oil or somethign, but when I
    > take it all apart, nothing, other than I have to peel the picture from the
    > glass at times. does anyone have this problem and found a solution? I was
    > thinking some sort of powder but that would ruin the picture.
    > thanks.

    It's a phenomenon that occurs with photos from a lab too. That's why
    when you mount photos for display behind glass, it's always a good idea
    to use a mat to keep them from touching the glass.

    FWIW, it's not oil or anything else in the ink. I can't remember the
    proper name for it, perhaps one of the local physicists can help us out.
    Tony Nazar, Jul 22, 2003

  3. DarkMan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Tony Nazar wrote:

    > In article <%60Ta.2532$>,
    > "DarkMan" <> wrote:
    >
    > > it looks as if it has wet
    > > spots or there is soemthign ont he glass, maybe oil or somethign, but when I
    > > take it all apart, nothing, other than I have to peel the picture from the
    > > glass at times. does anyone have this problem and found a solution? I was
    > > thinking some sort of powder but that would ruin the picture.
    > > thanks.

    > It's a phenomenon that occurs with photos from a lab too. That's why
    > when you mount photos for display behind glass, it's always a good idea
    > to use a mat to keep them from touching the glass.
    >
    > FWIW, it's not oil or anything else in the ink. I can't remember the
    > proper name for it, perhaps one of the local physicists can help us out.

    Would spraying with a fixing agent such the stuff they use on charcoal
    etc help or would it mess the picture up?
    --
    Paul. (This machine will, will not communicate)
    Not what it seems...
    Paul Heslop, Jul 22, 2003
  4. DarkMan

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > Tony Nazar wrote:
    > >
    > > In article <%60Ta.2532$>,
    > > "DarkMan" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > it looks as if it has wet
    > > > spots or there is soemthign ont he glass, maybe oil or somethign, but

    when I
    > > > take it all apart, nothing, other than I have to peel the picture from

    the
    > > > glass at times. does anyone have this problem and found a solution? I

    was
    > > > thinking some sort of powder but that would ruin the picture.
    > > > thanks.

    > > It's a phenomenon that occurs with photos from a lab too. That's why
    > > when you mount photos for display behind glass, it's always a good idea
    > > to use a mat to keep them from touching the glass.
    > >
    > > FWIW, it's not oil or anything else in the ink. I can't remember the
    > > proper name for it, perhaps one of the local physicists can help us out.

    > Would spraying with a fixing agent such the stuff they use on charcoal
    > etc help or would it mess the picture up?
    > --

    You can spray them with about anything you want, it won't help.

    You have to keep the surface of the print off the glass. Nothing else will
    work. If you don't want to mat the print then put a small spacer between the
    print and the glass close to the frame.
    --
    http://www.bobhatch.com
    Our web site about RV Stuff
    Bob Hatch, Jul 22, 2003
  5. DarkMan

    Mike Guest

    "DarkMan" <> wrote in message
    > I have printed pictures from glossy photo paper and framed them, but I

    seem
    > to keep having a recurring problem of the photo itself sticking to the

    glass
    > after I put it in the frame. When this happens, it looks as if it has wet
    > spots or there is soemthign ont he glass, maybe oil or somethign, but when

    > take it all apart, nothing, other than I have to peel the picture from the
    > glass at times. does anyone have this problem and found a solution? I was
    > thinking some sort of powder but that would ruin the picture.
    > thanks.

    When I had the problem I started putting the pictures under a lamp with a 60
    watt bulb overnight. I position the bulb about 12 to 18 inchs away from the
    photo. Don't want to get them hot, just some gentle drying. I then put the
    photos in the frame right away. Seems to have solved the problem for me.

    Mike
    Mike, Jul 22, 2003
  6. DarkMan

    Silvio Dante Guest

    "DarkMan" <> staggered into the Bada Bing and
    slurred:

    >I have printed pictures from glossy photo paper and framed them, but I seem
    >to keep having a recurring problem of the photo itself sticking to the glass
    >after I put it in the frame.

    It takes 24 hours or longer for an inkjet print to dry.
    The wetter it is, the more it will stick.

    "She's so fat, her blood type is Ragu."
    Silvio Dante, Jul 22, 2003
  7. "DarkMan" <> wrote in message
    > I have printed pictures from glossy photo paper and framed them, but I

    seem
    > to keep having a recurring problem of the photo itself sticking to the

    glass
    > after I put it in the frame. When this happens, it looks as if it has wet
    > spots

    Why not consider using a matte paper instead of gloss. There is very little
    difference between the two when mounted behind glass.

    John
    John Houghton, Jul 22, 2003
  8. DarkMan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Bob Hatch wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Tony Nazar wrote:

    > when I

    > the

    > was
    > > >
    > > > It's a phenomenon that occurs with photos from a lab too. That's why
    > > > when you mount photos for display behind glass, it's always a good idea
    > > > to use a mat to keep them from touching the glass.
    > > >
    > > > FWIW, it's not oil or anything else in the ink. I can't remember the
    > > > proper name for it, perhaps one of the local physicists can help us out.

    > > Would spraying with a fixing agent such the stuff they use on charcoal
    > > etc help or would it mess the picture up?
    > > --

    > You can spray them with about anything you want, it won't help.
    >
    > You have to keep the surface of the print off the glass. Nothing else will
    > work. If you don't want to mat the print then put a small spacer between the
    > print and the glass close to the frame.
    > --
    > http://www.bobhatch.com
    > Our web site about RV Stuff
    > A work in progress

    Well, I haven't framed one yet but thanks for the info Bob. :O)
    Paul Heslop, Jul 22, 2003
  9. I had the problem but am now using mats. Problem gone.
    Bernie

    Bernie Waltzer, Jul 24, 2003