    I now have my monitor pretty close to what comes out of the printer but it's
    not exact.

    wayne

    Wayne P, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Wayne P wrote:

    > Holy Cow! I printed my first pics tonight that I took this weekend. I know
    > pretty basic but I just bought my digital camera! This is cool. The pictures
    > turned out better than I imagined! I layed two out on a 8x10 piece of glossy
    > photo paper so I could cut it in two to hang hang on my cube at work.
    >
    > I now have my monitor pretty close to what comes out of the printer but it's
    > not exact.

    And it never will be an exact match. No matter what you do.
    Close? Yes.
    Exact? No
    Your monitor uses the additive colors Red, Green and Blue to display images.
    Your printer uses the subtractive colors Cyan, Magenta and Yellowto create
    pictures.
    Ther are some colors in the RGB color gamut that are just not present in the CMY
    color gamut and vice-versa.
    Bob Williams

    Robert E. Williams, Jul 16, 2003