  1. Ben,

    If you have a camera that takes high resolution pictures, it is hard to beat the output of a dye sublimation printer. You don't worry about DPI since dye sublimation is not a dot printer.

    Robert
    Robert Nabors, Nov 21, 2004

  2. Robert Nabors wrote:

    > Ben,
    >
    > If you have a camera that takes high resolution pictures, it is hard to
    > beat the output of a dye sublimation printer. You don't worry about DPI
    > since dye sublimation is not a dot printer.
    >
    > Robert

    Can you get those to print A3 pictures?

    --
    Ben Thomas
    given nor endorsed by it.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?BenOne=A9?=, Nov 21, 2004

  3. "Robert Nabors" <> writes:

    > Ben,
    >
    > If you have a camera that takes high resolution pictures, it is hard to beat
    > the output of a dye sublimation printer. You don't worry about DPI since dye
    > sublimation is not a dot printer.

    On the other hand, I've read that the gamut dye-subs produce is more limited
    than dye based ink-jets, and Wilhelm doesn't generally give them high marks for
    permanence either.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:
    Michael Meissner, Nov 22, 2004
  4. "Michael Meissner" <> wrote in message
    > "Robert Nabors" <> writes:
    >
    >> Ben,
    >>
    >> If you have a camera that takes high resolution pictures, it is hard to
    >> beat
    >> the output of a dye sublimation printer. You don't worry about DPI since
    >> dye
    >> sublimation is not a dot printer.

    > On the other hand, I've read that the gamut dye-subs produce is more
    > limited
    > than dye based ink-jets, and Wilhelm doesn't generally give them high
    > marks for
    > permanence either.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Meissner
    > email:
    > http://www.the-meissners.org

    __________________________
    Ben and Michael,

    There will no doubt be methods in digital photography that will be known to
    be totally worthless in few years down the road.

    At least you don't see dots of color in dye sublimation prints. Dye printing
    has not been around long enough to know how long a dye sub photo will hold
    up. So one can't count on any home printing process being around for
    posterity.

    My 35 MM film photos taken in 1953 have deteriorated so much that the photos
    look awful when scanned or printed.

    In the meantime, I use three different printers for different purposes, one
    is dye sub, one is a black print LazerJet printer, and one is the usual DPI
    color printer.

    Robert Nabors

    http://www2.hagenhosting.com/~naborswe/naborsindex/
    Robert Nabors, Nov 22, 2004
  5. "Robert Nabors" <> writes:

    > Ben and Michael,
    >
    > There will no doubt be methods in digital photography that will be known to
    > be totally worthless in few years down the road.
    >
    > At least you don't see dots of color in dye sublimation prints. Dye printing
    > has not been around long enough to know how long a dye sub photo will hold
    > up. So one can't count on any home printing process being around for
    > posterity.

    On neither of my HP printers have I ever seen the individual dots using the
    standard Linux drivers to do the printing. I'll take your word for it there
    are printers that you can see dots on.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: