    I have all my music in one folder and I want to print a list of songs but I
    cant fathom how to do it.
    Can anybody help me?
    Drummerboy, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Drummerboy

    Dan DiNicolo Guest

    "Drummerboy" <steve.wicks@"nospam"dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    news:41dc5475$0$4690$...
    >I have all my music in one folder and I want to print a list of songs but I
    > cant fathom how to do it.
    > Can anybody help me?

    There's a couple of ways to do this, but a good example here:

    Dan DiNicolo
    http://www.2000trainers.com
    Dan DiNicolo, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Drummerboy

    Drummerboy Guest

    Thanks Dan but I'm having trouble with the second option after giving up on
    the first.
    I've followed all the instructions to enable printing the contents of a
    folder but when I right click on the selected folder and click on print I
    get a box that says windows cannot find file "printdir.bat" but I know its
    in the c:\windows\command folder.
    Any ideas?

    Drummerboy, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Drummerboy

    Stevo Guest

    Drummerboy" <steve.wicks@"nospam wrote:
    > I have all my music in one folder and I want to print a list of songs
    > but I cant fathom how to do it.
    > Can anybody help me?

    Try googling for "ListMaker" or "Print Folder"..

    I have used both for the same purpose you have indicated..

    My current preference is for List Maker (the one from
    http://www.nwlink.com/~koolguy/home.html ), because the process is
    remembered and can be repeated to update a list after adding
    tracks/albums etc.. there are several ouptut options.

    There is also http://www.malovic.co.yu/mp3lmdl.htm but I haven't tried
    that yet, and I reckon there are heaps of others.. Karen's Directory
    Printer is another that comes to mind..

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Jan 5, 2005
  5. FolderPrint3.32 will do that. Works flawlessly on Win9x, but if you
    copy & paste the path in WinNT, 2000, XP, FolderPrint will print the
    directory just fine. FolderPrint does not install and incorporate
    into Windows. It is a stand-alone. It also works flawlessly over
    the network.

    http://www.homestead.com/algor/

    From the description:

    "Freeware utility to allow save listing of directories(folders) and
    files on a hard drive or any removable media (local or networked) into
    the text file(comma delimited option for importing into database).
    Listing can be printed out in Standard Letter size ( 11 x 8 ) or in
    ZIP, CD, Jet, Jaz, etc... case layout; sorted by name, size, date, etc.
    Win95 ,Win98 , NT4.

    Size 360 Kb (180 Kb compressed.)
    Note: There are known issues with 'Browse' button under Windows ME and
    Windows 2000. A new release will have fix."

    But I can't find a "new release". The copy & pasting of the path, is
    just a work-around, but an easy one.

    "Drummerboy" <steve.wicks@"nospam"dsl.pipex.com> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:41dc5475$0$4690$:

    @}-}-------Rosee, Jan 5, 2005
  6. Drummerboy

    Drummerboy Guest

    Cheers Stevo..........listmaker has done the trick.

    Drummerboy, Jan 5, 2005
  7. Drummerboy

    why? Guest

    why?, Jan 5, 2005
  8. @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    > FolderPrint3.32 will do that. Works flawlessly on Win9x, but if you

    Just curious -- can one no longer print a dir listing from DOS (or
    whatever MS is calling it these days)?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 6, 2005
  9. Drummerboy

    Stevo Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > @}-}-------Rosee wrote:
    >
    >> FolderPrint3.32 will do that. Works flawlessly on Win9x, but if you

    > Just curious -- can one no longer print a dir listing from DOS (or
    > whatever MS is calling it these days)?

    It can still be done from the command line, the command prompt in Start
    | Programs | Accessories (not a *real* dos) still has the dir command
    and redirectors. Therefore command dir >path\filename.txt will produce a
    text file listing for the current directory. The dir switches can be
    applied if required and a source directory can be specified if it is not
    the current one.. pretty much the same as the old DOS function..

    Stevo, Jan 6, 2005
  10. Stevo wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >> @}-}-------Rosee wrote:

    >>> FolderPrint3.32 will do that. Works flawlessly on Win9x, but if you

    >> Just curious -- can one no longer print a dir listing from DOS (or
    >> whatever MS is calling it these days)?

    > It can still be done from the command line, the command prompt in Start
    >| Programs | Accessories (not a *real* dos) still has the dir command
    > and redirectors. Therefore command dir >path\filename.txt will produce a
    > text file listing for the current directory. The dir switches can be
    > applied if required and a source directory can be specified if it is not
    > the current one.. pretty much the same as the old DOS function..

    Cool beans. Thanks, Stevo.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 6, 2005
  11. Drummerboy

    Guest

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:57:40 -0000, "Drummerboy"
    <steve.wicks@"nospam"dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

    |> I have all my music in one folder and I want to print a list of songs but I
    |> cant fathom how to do it.
    |> Can anybody help me?

    Trout posted a link earlier for a explorer replacement:

    http://www.trackerv3.com/

    Works great and has a feature to copy directory listing's to your
    clipboard, you then just paste it into an application of your choice.

    Very versatile program and it's "free for home use"

    --
    , Jan 6, 2005
  12. Drummerboy

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Jan 6, 2005
  13. Drummerboy

    Gort Guest

    Drummerboy wrote:
    > I have all my music in one folder and I want to print a list of songs but I
    > cant fathom how to do it.
    > Can anybody help me?

    Take a look at the utilities from Karenware. FREE, and very good !
    ( www.karenware.com )IIRC

    inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.
    Gort, Jan 6, 2005