    like a print of just the filenames in a list..

    AHA

    mick
    Me-GT, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Me-GT

    Me-GT Guest

    Forgot to say - I tried doing a printscreen and pasting the pictures into
    Word, but the file ended up too big to email (1.5Mb)...
    "Me-GT" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to print just the titles of the files contained in a

    folder

    Me-GT, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Me-GT

    Kenny Guest

    This'll do it.
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Me-GT

    Patrick Guest

    Me-GT wrote:
    > Is there any way to print just the titles of the files contained in a
    > folder in windows explorer? I have about 700 MP3 tracks in one
    > folder and would like a print of just the filenames in a list..
    >
    > AHA
    >
    > mick

    You could do it from a 'Command' prompt
    Dozens of options if you type; dir /?

    A command that would do what you want at command prompt is:

    dir drive:\path to directory\*.* /b >c:\list.txt
    (space each side of '/b')

    this would send the output text to file 'list.txt' on C-drive .
    Patrick, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Me-GT

    Me-GT Guest

    Excellent - I was hoping there'd be a dos wiz reply..... really must brush
    up on DOS soon!
    Thanks Patrick

    Me-GT, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Me-GT

    Patrick Guest

    Me-GT wrote:
    > Excellent - I was hoping there'd be a dos wiz reply..... really must
    > brush up on DOS soon!
    > Thanks Patrick

    You could allways create a 'bat' file with the required commands (in case
    you don't know).
    To do so, open 'Notepad', put in your commands, goto save/save as, select
    'all file type', enter 'name.bat' for filename, save to desktop (from where
    you can run it).
    To edit/adjust the 'bat' file again open 'Notepad', file>open>all
    files>navigate to Desktop>select name.bat.

    So, who says that DOS is dead, I've a couple of 'bat' files on my Desktop
    (file-compare, format 720 floppy).

    Anyways, best wishes to you ! Patrick

    Patrick, Aug 27, 2003