    it worked for a day, then the problem returned. He did say the problem was
    with XP, not the printer. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

    McFerg, Jun 30, 2009

  2. McFerg

    Guest

    "McFerg" <> wrote:

    >I have a Gateway desktop computer with Windows XP, and I bought a Dell V505
    >printer. It worked for a few days, but now I get a message that the "print
    >spooler service is not running", also all the printer icons on the printer
    >properties screen disappear.
    >I went through Dell technical support, the tech. took over the computer and
    >it worked for a day, then the problem returned. He did say the problem was
    >with XP, not the printer. Any suggestions?
    >Thanks.

    Left WinKey+R, will open the Run command <type in>
    services.msc
    <enter>

    Make sure your print Spooler service is running.
    (really)

    Goto "WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS"
    and delete anything in the PRINTERS directory

    USB? make sure it's fully plugged in.

    --

    Tombstone
    http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9895/bmh.jpg

    , Jul 1, 2009

  3. McFerg wrote:
    > I have a Gateway desktop computer with Windows XP, and I bought a Dell V505
    > printer. It worked for a few days, but now I get a message that the "print
    > spooler service is not running", also all the printer icons on the printer
    > properties screen disappear.
    > I went through Dell technical support, the tech. took over the computer and
    > it worked for a day, then the problem returned. He did say the problem was
    > with XP, not the printer. Any suggestions?
    > Thanks.

    Goto Start>>Run... type 'services.msc' (without quotes) and scroll
    through the list to find Print Spooler service. This needs to be
    Started. If it is Stopped. Start it with the 'Start' Link on left hand
    side. If it fails to start, check through the error message and see if
    any dependent services have failed to start. This way you can trace the
    root of the problem.

    Diabolic Preacher
    As Is
    http://abusiveviews.wordpress.com