    find anything in the manual or the help menu.

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 9, 2009

  2. In message <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    > Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please?

    Save the message as text, open it in a word processor, reformat to taste,
    print.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 9, 2009

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please?

    > Save the message as text, open it in a word processor, reformat to taste,
    > print.

    Thanks, I'll try it in Word.

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  4. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>,
    says...
    > I am trying to change the text size when printing out emails.
    > View-text size-largest only alters the size on the monitor, not the size on
    > the printed copy.

    Yep, that's the way that is meant to work.

    > hp psc 1310 series. Windows XP Outlook Express.
    >
    > Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please? I can't
    > find anything in the manual or the help menu.

    I don't think it's possible in OE (it is in Outlook). However, what you
    may be able to do in OE, is generate the print job, and then in the
    print job dialog, see if your printer has the functionality such as
    scaling. So, if your printer does support scaling (or similar function)
    you could scale up the entire print job.

    It may be horrible though, and cut bits off - you'll just have to have a
    play and see how it goes.

    Another (probably worse) way, is to copy n' paste the email into a
    wordprocessor (or other editor) - eg. MS Word. And then size it the way
    you want and print. Unfortunately you'll lose all the To, From, Subj,
    Sent date - etc etc - details - so it's not really an email anymore! :(

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 10, 2009
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> I am trying to change the text size when printing out emails.
    >> View-text size-largest only alters the size on the monitor, not the size
    >> on
    >> the printed copy.

    > Yep, that's the way that is meant to work.
    >

    >> hp psc 1310 series. Windows XP Outlook Express.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please? I can't
    >> find anything in the manual or the help menu.

    > I don't think it's possible in OE (it is in Outlook). However, what you
    > may be able to do in OE, is generate the print job, and then in the
    > print job dialog, see if your printer has the functionality such as
    > scaling. So, if your printer does support scaling (or similar function)
    > you could scale up the entire print job.
    >
    > It may be horrible though, and cut bits off - you'll just have to have a
    > play and see how it goes.
    >
    > Another (probably worse) way, is to copy n' paste the email into a
    > wordprocessor (or other editor) - eg. MS Word. And then size it the way
    > you want and print. Unfortunately you'll lose all the To, From, Subj,
    > Sent date - etc etc - details - so it's not really an email anymore! :(

    I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word, from
    the email.

    I've got it saved in Documents, but can't get it to go into Word.

    I think I've got scaling for the whole page. A4 to various other sizes.

    All I want to do is change the text size.

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >> In message <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please?

    >> Save the message as text, open it in a word processor, reformat to taste,
    >> print.

    > Thanks, I'll try it in Word.

    It wouldn't go into Word from Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. Yet I can get stuff
    from the internet into the newsgroups that way.

    I suppose I could type the email into Word and change the size there, then
    print it. But I hoped there would be some simple way involving a few mouse
    clicks.

    Someone who won't come and look at the monitor for himself does rather
    complicate life!

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  7. In message <hdanin$gvp$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    >> In message <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please?

    >> Save the message as text, open it in a word processor, reformat to
    >> taste, print.

    > It wouldn't go into Word from Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

    Did you try saving it to a file?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 10, 2009
  8. Geopelia <> wrote:

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>> Save the message as text, open it in a word processor, reformat to taste,
    >>> print.

    >> Thanks, I'll try it in Word.
    >>

    > It wouldn't go into Word from Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. Yet I can get stuff
    > from the internet into the newsgroups that way.
    >
    > I suppose I could type the email into Word and change the size there, then
    > print it. But I hoped there would be some simple way involving a few mouse
    > clicks.
    >
    > Someone who won't come and look at the monitor for himself does rather
    > complicate life!

    You should be able to capture the screen to the clipboard with ctrl (or is
    it alt? Ctrl, I think) - PrtScr and paste it into Word with ctrl-v or edit |
    paste. Worth a try.

    --
    - Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 10, 2009
  9. Geopelia

    Matty F Guest

    On Nov 10, 4:37 pm, "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    > I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word, from
    > the email.
    >
    > I've got it saved in Documents, but can't get it to go into Word.

    Select the text and Ctrl C
    In Word, Edit / Paste Special / select paste as Unformatted Text

    Matty F, Nov 10, 2009
  10. Geopelia

    EMB Guest

    Geopelia wrote:
    > I am trying to change the text size when printing out emails.
    > View-text size-largest only alters the size on the monitor, not the size on
    > the printed copy.
    >
    > hp psc 1310 series. Windows XP Outlook Express.
    >
    > Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please? I can't
    > find anything in the manual or the help menu.
    >
    > Thank you
    > Geopelia

    Hi Geo

    Are these pages of any help to you? I haven't tried the suggestions,
    but it looks like they may resolve your issue.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276435

    http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/qt/et112305.htm

    EMB, Nov 10, 2009
  11. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <hdan5g$ea9$-september.org>,
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>,
    > > says...
    > >> I am trying to change the text size when printing out emails.
    > >> View-text size-largest only alters the size on the monitor, not the size
    > >> on
    > >> the printed copy.

    > > Yep, that's the way that is meant to work.
    > >

    > >> hp psc 1310 series. Windows XP Outlook Express.
    > >>
    > >> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please? I can't
    > >> find anything in the manual or the help menu.

    > > I don't think it's possible in OE (it is in Outlook). However, what you
    > > may be able to do in OE, is generate the print job, and then in the
    > > print job dialog, see if your printer has the functionality such as
    > > scaling. So, if your printer does support scaling (or similar function)
    > > you could scale up the entire print job.
    > >
    > > It may be horrible though, and cut bits off - you'll just have to have a
    > > play and see how it goes.
    > >
    > > Another (probably worse) way, is to copy n' paste the email into a
    > > wordprocessor (or other editor) - eg. MS Word. And then size it the way
    > > you want and print. Unfortunately you'll lose all the To, From, Subj,
    > > Sent date - etc etc - details - so it's not really an email anymore! :(
    > >

    > I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word, from
    > the email.

    Yer must be doing something wrong with the 'copy'. Have you selected
    all the text first?

    Shortcut for 'select all' is <Ctrl><a> (and you should visibly see all
    background and text change colour).

    So, with the cursor in the email body - <Ctrl><a> (select all), <Ctrl>
    <c> (copy the selected text), put the cursor in Word, and then <Ctrl><v>
    to paste it.

    Note that you *will* lose all the 'email' properties though - such as
    To, From, Sent date, Subject - etc etc. (You're only getting the body
    of the email).

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 10, 2009
  12. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    > In message <hdanin$gvp$-september.org>, Geopelia wrote:

    >>> Save the message as text, open it in a word processor, reformat to
    >>> taste, print.

    >> It wouldn't go into Word from Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

    > Did you try saving it to a file?

    Yes, it's in My Documents.

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  13. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Lawrence D'Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in
    >>> message

    >>> Thanks, I'll try it in Word.
    >>>

    >> It wouldn't go into Word from Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V. Yet I can get stuff
    >> from the internet into the newsgroups that way.
    >>
    >> I suppose I could type the email into Word and change the size there,
    >> then
    >> print it. But I hoped there would be some simple way involving a few
    >> mouse
    >> clicks.
    >>
    >> Someone who won't come and look at the monitor for himself does rather
    >> complicate life!

    > You should be able to capture the screen to the clipboard with ctrl (or is
    > it alt? Ctrl, I think) - PrtScr and paste it into Word with ctrl-v or edit
    > |
    > paste. Worth a try.

    I tried that, but it didn't work any better than Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  14. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hdan5g$ea9$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <hd9u92$vg7$-september.org>,
    >> > says...
    >> >
    >> > Yep, that's the way that is meant to work.

    >> > I don't think it's possible in OE (it is in Outlook). However, what
    >> > you
    >> > may be able to do in OE, is generate the print job, and then in the
    >> > print job dialog, see if your printer has the functionality such as
    >> > scaling. So, if your printer does support scaling (or similar
    >> > function)
    >> > you could scale up the entire print job.
    >> >
    >> > It may be horrible though, and cut bits off - you'll just have to have
    >> > play and see how it goes.
    >> >
    >> > Another (probably worse) way, is to copy n' paste the email into a
    >> > wordprocessor (or other editor) - eg. MS Word. And then size it the
    >> > way
    >> > you want and print. Unfortunately you'll lose all the To, From, Subj,
    >> > Sent date - etc etc - details - so it's not really an email anymore! :(
    >> >

    >> I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word,
    >> from
    >> the email.

    > Yer must be doing something wrong with the 'copy'. Have you selected
    > all the text first?
    >
    > Shortcut for 'select all' is <Ctrl><a> (and you should visibly see all
    > background and text change colour).
    >
    > So, with the cursor in the email body - <Ctrl><a> (select all), <Ctrl>
    > <c> (copy the selected text), put the cursor in Word, and then <Ctrl><v>
    > to paste it.

    I did that with select all, and got it into Word with Ctrl v. I hadn't been
    using select all before.
    Then I zoomed it up to 150.

    It looked very impressive on Word!
    But alas when I printed it, it was still in the original smaller type.

    Then I tried changing the size from 12 to 14, but it still printed out as
    small as before.

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  15. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    > On Nov 10, 4:37 pm, "Geopelia" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word,
    >> from
    >> the email.
    >>
    >> I've got it saved in Documents, but can't get it to go into Word.

    > Select the text and Ctrl C
    > In Word, Edit / Paste Special / select paste as Unformatted Text

    I haven't got that in Edit. I'm using XP. it has paste but not paste special
    etc.

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  16. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <hdbg8e$96n$-september.org>,
    says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <hdan5g$ea9$-september.org>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message

    > >> I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word,
    > >> from
    > >> the email.

    > > Yer must be doing something wrong with the 'copy'. Have you selected
    > > all the text first?
    > >
    > > Shortcut for 'select all' is <Ctrl><a> (and you should visibly see all
    > > background and text change colour).
    > >
    > > So, with the cursor in the email body - <Ctrl><a> (select all), <Ctrl>
    > > <c> (copy the selected text), put the cursor in Word, and then <Ctrl><v>
    > > to paste it.
    > >

    > I did that with select all, and got it into Word with Ctrl v. I hadn't been
    > using select all before.
    > Then I zoomed it up to 150.
    >
    > It looked very impressive on Word!
    > But alas when I printed it, it was still in the original smaller type.

    The Zoom function, as you noted in your OP - is just that - a screen
    zoom function (only).

    > Then I tried changing the size from 12 to 14, but it still printed out as
    > small as before.

    That should actually work - try an even larger font. Remember, you need
    to 'select all', *before* you apply the larger font size (otherwise you
    are only changing the font size at the cursor/insertion point! :)

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 10, 2009
  17. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message news:hdbb1e$e7o$...
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >> I am trying to change the text size when printing out emails.
    >> View-text size-largest only alters the size on the monitor, not the size
    >> on the printed copy.
    >>
    >> hp psc 1310 series. Windows XP Outlook Express.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please? I can't
    >> find anything in the manual or the help menu.
    >>
    >> Thank you
    >> Geopelia

    > Hi Geo
    >
    > Are these pages of any help to you? I haven't tried the suggestions, but
    > it looks like they may resolve your issue.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276435
    >
    > http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/qt/et112305.htm

    Thank you. That last website worked At last!

    I'll leave it set to print larger and hope it continues to work.

    I had thought of something else, to print it in the small type, scan it and
    try to enlarge the type from the scan. Perhaps that might work.
    But this way was much simpler.
    Now Hubby will be able to read the emails better. (He needs Large Print
    books from the Library.)

    I'm very grateful for your help.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  18. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <hdbhl5$ivb$-september.org>,
    says...

    > "EMB" <> wrote in message news:hdbb1e$e7o$...
    > > Geopelia wrote:
    > >> I am trying to change the text size when printing out emails.
    > >> View-text size-largest only alters the size on the monitor, not the size
    > >> on the printed copy.
    > >>
    > >> hp psc 1310 series. Windows XP Outlook Express.
    > >>
    > >> Is there any way to get larger text on the printed copy please? I can't
    > >> find anything in the manual or the help menu.
    > >>
    > >> Thank you
    > >> Geopelia

    > > Hi Geo
    > >
    > > Are these pages of any help to you? I haven't tried the suggestions, but
    > > it looks like they may resolve your issue.
    > >
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276435
    > >
    > > http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/qt/et112305.htm

    > Thank you. That last website worked At last!
    >
    > I'll leave it set to print larger and hope it continues to work.
    >
    > I had thought of something else, to print it in the small type, scan it and
    > try to enlarge the type from the scan. Perhaps that might work.
    > But this way was much simpler.
    > Now Hubby will be able to read the emails better. (He needs Large Print
    > books from the Library.)
    >
    > I'm very grateful for your help.

    YOu need to be careful here, as it's easier than you think to set the
    size to small again (as it's a function of IE) - and one which I (and
    everyone else except EMB I 'spose) thought you has checked.

    So... if you decrease the text size of a web page - it will affect OE as
    well.

    So watch out for that.

    In IE, it's in the View menu, Text Size.

    In OE, it's in the View mneu, Text Size too.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 10, 2009
  19. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <hdbhl5$ivb$-september.org>,
    > says...

    >> > Hi Geo
    >> >
    >> > Are these pages of any help to you? I haven't tried the suggestions,
    >> > but
    >> > it looks like they may resolve your issue.
    >> >
    >> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276435
    >> >
    >> > http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/qt/et112305.htm

    >> Thank you. That last website worked At last!
    >>
    >> I'll leave it set to print larger and hope it continues to work.
    >>
    >> I had thought of something else, to print it in the small type, scan it
    >> and
    >> try to enlarge the type from the scan. Perhaps that might work.
    >> But this way was much simpler.
    >> Now Hubby will be able to read the emails better. (He needs Large Print
    >> books from the Library.)
    >>
    >> I'm very grateful for your help.

    > YOu need to be careful here, as it's easier than you think to set the
    > size to small again (as it's a function of IE) - and one which I (and
    > everyone else except EMB I 'spose) thought you has checked.
    >
    > So... if you decrease the text size of a web page - it will affect OE as
    > well.
    >
    > So watch out for that.
    >
    > In IE, it's in the View menu, Text Size.
    >
    > In OE, it's in the View mneu, Text Size too.

    Thank you. I'll look out for that.

    Geopelia, Nov 10, 2009
  20. Geopelia

    Matty F Guest

    On Nov 10, 11:49 pm, "Geopelia" <> wrote:
    > "Matty F" <> wrote in message

    > > On Nov 10, 4:37 pm, "Geopelia" <> wrote:

    > >> I tried the copy and paste, but Ctrl + v doesn't bring it up in Word,
    > >> from
    > >> the email.

    > >> I've got it saved in Documents, but can't get it to go into Word.

    > > Select the text and Ctrl C
    > > In Word, Edit / Paste Special / select paste as Unformatted Text

    > I haven't got that in Edit. I'm using XP. it has paste but not paste special
    > etc.

    I don't have XP. Can someone confirm that Microsoft have removed the
    Paste Special option from the Edit menu?

    Matty F, Nov 10, 2009