    I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.

    Please help.

    Thanks

    Wilson Morton, May 4, 2007

  2. Wilson Morton

    meerkat Guest

    "Wilson Morton" <> wrote in message
    news:xkH_h.9$LJ3.1@trnddc02...
    >I have win xp home H.P.
    >
    > I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.

    Start\Help and Support, and type in..print screen.

    meerkat, May 4, 2007

  3. Wilson Morton wrote:
    > I have win xp home H.P.
    >
    > I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.

    Just press the PrtScn button, then open up Paint from Accessories. Click
    Edit and then Paste, you should have the whole desktop on the work area.
    If you want only a smaller portion of the screen, hold down the Alt key
    while pressing PrtScn and you'll get the active window only.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 4, 2007
  4. Wilson Morton

    Ponder Guest

    In message xkH_h.9$LJ3.1@trnddc02, Wilson Morton wrote:

    > I have win xp home H.P.
    > I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.

    Clue: PrtSc ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, May 4, 2007
  5. Wilson Morton

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    >I have win xp home H.P.
    >
    > I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Thanks

    What?

    You find the Print Screen key and you push it.

    Then you start up MS Paint and you paste the image into MS Paint that you
    just did the screen capture when you pushed the Print Screen key.

    Mr. Arnold, May 4, 2007
  6. Wilson Morton

    sittingduck Guest

    Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > Then you start up MS Paint and you paste the image into MS Paint that you
    > just did the screen capture when you pushed the Print Screen key.

    No, you create a /clippaste shortcut with Irfanview.... Then all you have to
    do is click the shortcut after hitting Print Screen and irfanview opens with
    the image you just captured. :)

    sittingduck, May 4, 2007
  7. Wilson Morton

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    > Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >
    >> Then you start up MS Paint and you paste the image into MS Paint that you
    >> just did the screen capture when you pushed the Print Screen key.

    > No, you create a /clippaste shortcut with Irfanview.... Then all you have
    > do is click the shortcut after hitting Print Screen and irfanview opens
    > with
    > the image you just captured. :)

    My tool of choice, which I have been using for years, is Print Screen
    Deluxe.

    Mr. Arnold, May 4, 2007
  8. Ponder wrote:
    > In message xkH_h.9$LJ3.1@trnddc02, Wilson Morton wrote:
    >
    >> I have win xp home H.P.
    >> I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.

    > Clue: PrtSc ;)

    Like for decades? Too easy. Please make it more complex! :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  9. Mr. Arnold wrote:

    > "sittingduck" <> wrote in message
    >> Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >>
    >>> Then you start up MS Paint and you paste the image into MS Paint that you
    >>> just did the screen capture when you pushed the Print Screen key.

    >> No, you create a /clippaste shortcut with Irfanview.... Then all you have
    >> do is click the shortcut after hitting Print Screen and irfanview opens
    >> with
    >> the image you just captured. :)

    > My tool of choice, which I have been using for years, is Print Screen
    > Deluxe.

    I'll toss in my fave: MWSnap. Nifty!

    http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

    Blinky the Shark, May 4, 2007
  10. Wilson Morton

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Ponder wrote:
    >> In message xkH_h.9$LJ3.1@trnddc02, Wilson Morton wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have win xp home H.P.
    >>> I would like to use the "print Screen" function, but cannot find it.

    >> Clue: PrtSc ;)

    > Like for decades? Too easy. Please make it more complex! :)

    Don't worry, Bill Gates already did that.

    WhzzKdd, May 4, 2007
  11. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Ponder wrote:

    >>> Clue: PrtSc ;)

    >> Like for decades? Too easy. Please make it more complex! :)

    > Don't worry, Bill Gates already did that.

    This is one thing he didn't, though. On the other hand MS Paint isn't
    the kind of thing you'd wish on someone you liked. :)

    Blinky the Shark, May 5, 2007
  12. Wilson Morton

    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Like for decades? Too easy. Please make it more complex! :)

    >> Don't worry, Bill Gates already did that.

    > This is one thing he didn't, though. On the other hand MS Paint isn't
    > the kind of thing you'd wish on someone you liked. :)

    Actually, in DOS print-screen printed the screen, just like it should. In
    Windows, it doesn't. It copys the screen to the clipboard. I'm blaming that
    on Bill. Or at least on M$.

    WhzzKdd, May 5, 2007