    Running Win XP how can I get the 'prt scr/sysrq key to print the screen.
    It was never a problem with other Win OS's or other OS's but I'm stumped.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Jack, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Jack

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    (Jack) wrote in news:db564c63.0411180950.5b9a1227
    @posting.google.com:

    > Running Win XP how can I get the 'prt scr/sysrq key to print the screen.
    > It was never a problem with other Win OS's or other OS's but I'm stumped.
    > Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

    Print Screen simply takes a snapshot of the screen. You then need to paste
    it into a graphics application such as MS Paint before you can print.
    Fuzzy Logic, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Jack

    Unk Guest

    On 18 Nov 2004 09:50:39 -0800, (Jack) wrote:

    >Running Win XP how can I get the 'prt scr/sysrq key to print the screen.
    >It was never a problem with other Win OS's or other OS's but I'm stumped.
    >Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

    The "PrtScr/SysRq" key copies the entire screen to the clipboard.
    alt+PrtScr/SysRq copies just the active window to the clipboard.

    You then need a graphics program like MSPaint ot Paint Shop Pro to
    paste the contents of the clipboard as a "new image"

    If your keyboard has an "F Lock" key, it needs to be "Off" for Print Screen to
    work.
    Unk, Nov 18, 2004
  4. Jack

    Jos Guest