    to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this case).

    Thanks for your help,

    John Moore
    JMooreTS, Nov 30, 2003

  2. JMooreTS

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "JMooreTS" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Help please.
    >
    > I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

    full-size
    > images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

    of
    > 8X11 photo paper.
    >
    > What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

    party
    > software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

    images
    > to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

    case).

    Use Picture Package in PS 7, or do your own layout on a template sheet using
    PS7, or use Qimage (my preference by far), or use ACDSee Photo Slate.

    Qimage web site: http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
    --
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power
    is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be
    Bob Hatch, Nov 30, 2003

  3. JMooreTS

    PhotoMan Guest

    "JMooreTS" <> wrote in message
    > Help please.
    >
    > I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

    full-size
    > images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

    of
    > 8X11 photo paper.
    >
    > What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

    party
    > software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

    images
    > to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

    case).

    > Thanks for your help,
    >
    > John Moore

    'ArcSoft PhotoPrinter' works real well for me. I got it when it was
    freeware, but I see now that it's for sale at $39.99. It's quite versatile.
    http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products/photoprinter/
    Joe Arnold
    PhotoMan, Nov 30, 2003
  4. In PS you can create a new sheet at A4 size then drag your images onto the
    sheet resize them with TRANSFORM and then just print the single sheet.
    gordonell

    gordon lindsay, Nov 30, 2003
  5. JMooreTS

    Ben Thomas Guest

    gordon lindsay wrote:
    > In PS you can create a new sheet at A4 size then drag your images onto the
    > sheet resize them with TRANSFORM and then just print the single sheet.
    > gordonell
    >

    > "JMooreTS" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Help please.
    >>
    >>I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

    > full-size
    >
    >>images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet

    > of
    >
    >>8X11 photo paper.
    >>
    >>What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

    > party
    >
    >>software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

    > images
    >
    >>to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

    > case).

    I considered doing that, but I have so many photos to print (never got around to
    it before) that it would be good if there was a program that just let you choose
    the images one by one a specify a size and have it fit them onto the paper in
    the most efficient manner.

    Ben Thomas - Software Engineer - UNICO Computer Systems
    Melbourne, Australia

    relate to the official business of my employer, UNICO Computer Systems,
    shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
    Ben Thomas, Nov 30, 2003
  6. JMooreTS

    Bob Hatch Guest

    "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message

    > I considered doing that, but I have so many photos to print (never got

    around to
    > it before) that it would be good if there was a program that just let you

    choose
    > the images one by one a specify a size and have it fit them onto the paper

    in
    > the most efficient manner.

    There is. It's called Qimage.
    Bob Hatch, Nov 30, 2003
  7. JMooreTS

    Luk Guest

    > I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several full-size
    > images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single sheet of
    > 8X11 photo paper.
    >
    > What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd party
    > software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the images
    > to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this case).

    When you buy a Canon i960 printer they bundle software called
    Easy Photo-Print with it. It allows you to print various
    photo sizes on 8 1/2 X ll paper. Apparently the same
    software can also be downloaded.

    http://www.canon-asia.com/downloads/photoprintplus.html

    The software is easy to use. You might want to download
    it and see what you think.

    Luk
    Luk, Nov 30, 2003
  8. JMooreTS

    JMooreTS Guest

    >What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd party

    software?

    Thanks to all for many good suggestions.

    John (back to lurk mode)
    JMooreTS, Nov 30, 2003
  9. JMooreTS

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Bob Hatch wrote:
    > "Ben Thomas" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I considered doing that, but I have so many photos to print (never got

    > around to
    >
    >>it before) that it would be good if there was a program that just let you

    > choose
    >
    >>the images one by one a specify a size and have it fit them onto the paper

    > in
    >
    >>the most efficient manner.
    >>

    > There is. It's called Qimage.

    Got it now. Excellent program!

    Ben Thomas, Dec 1, 2003
  10. JMooreTS

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Luk" <> wrote in message

    > > I am a relatively new Photoshop (7) user. I'd like to print several

    full-size
    > > images . . . misc. combinations of 3X5, 4X6,, 4X7, etc. on a single

    sheet of
    > > 8X11 photo paper.
    > >
    > > What is the best way to economically print the photos using PS or 3rd

    party
    > > software? (Contact Sheet in PS works fine but changes the sizes of the

    images
    > > to fit the page . . . convenient for proofs, but not what I want in this

    case).

    > When you buy a Canon i960 printer they bundle software called
    > Easy Photo-Print with it. It allows you to print various
    > photo sizes on 8 1/2 X ll paper. Apparently the same
    > software can also be downloaded.
    >
    > http://www.canon-asia.com/downloads/photoprintplus.html
    >
    > The software is easy to use. You might want to download
    > it and see what you think.

    I thought I'd d'load it for comparison to ArcSoft, but the Canon utility
    only works with compatible printers.
    Joe
    PhotoMan, Dec 1, 2003
  11. Save your jpgs then import them into Word or a publishing program. Size as
    you want.

    --
    Best regards,
    Craig Scheiner

    Craig Scheiner, Dec 1, 2003
  12. JMooreTS

    Luk Guest

    re: EasyPhotoPrint

    PhotoMan wrote:
    > I thought I'd d'load it for comparison to ArcSoft, but the Canon utility
    > only works with compatible printers.
    > Joe

    I was afraid of that.

    Luk
    Luk, Dec 1, 2003
  13. As a Photoshop user, just be aware that, if you do use this Canon
    software, it does not recognize .PSD files. At least v2.01 dated 2003
    doesn't.

    Ralph O'Rourke, Dec 1, 2003
  14. JMooreTS

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Luk" <> wrote in message

    > PhotoMan wrote:
    > > I thought I'd d'load it for comparison to ArcSoft, but the Canon utility
    > > only works with compatible printers.
    > > Joe

    > I was afraid of that.

    Ken Weitzel was kind enough to email me some screen shots and opinions on
    Paint Shop Pro, and I've decided to go that route.
    Joe
    PhotoMan, Dec 1, 2003
  15. JMooreTS

    Greg Kamer Guest

    > Ken Weitzel was kind enough to email me some screen shots and opinions on
    > Paint Shop Pro, and I've decided to go that route.

    > Joe

    Good choice.... I've been using PSP for years.... Since someplace around
    version 4..... Never had any regrets.
    Greg Kamer, Dec 1, 2003
  16. JMooreTS

    JMooreTS Guest

    >As a Photoshop user, just be aware that, if you do use this Canon
    >software, it does not recognize .PSD files. At least v2.01 dated 2003
    >doesn't.

    You're right. I figured I'd have to convert the pics to .jpg to print.

    John
    JMooreTS, Dec 2, 2003
  17. JMooreTS

    Jerry Maple Guest

    "Craig Scheiner" <> wrote in

    > Save your jpgs then import them into Word or a publishing program. Size
    > as you want.

    PS Elements will let you point at a directory, specify what size prints you
    want, then will create as many pages as it takes to put all the JPGs in
    that directory on the specified paper size. I think it's under the File ->
    Automate menu selection.

    --

    Jerry Maple
    General Dynamics Decision Systems