    troubles when users with win2k/xp try to print to devices connected to win98
    workstations. Sending pcs appears to be halted.
    Thanks in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=, Jan 13, 2005

  2. r u able to see printer in network ?

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpamVzaA==?=, Jan 14, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    kpg Guest

    Host-Name Conflict: file://c:\temp\156705.htm (1/14/2005 8:00:28 AM) #
    > r u able to see printer in network ?

    Is there an error message?

    Is printer on line?

    Is printer on?

    Is computer on?

    Is there a printer cable?

    Is printer able to print locally?

    Is it a USB printer?

    Is the printer driver correct?

    Is the printer out of paper?

    Is the printer out of ink?

    Is the printer cable bad?

    Is the printer a Lexmark?

    Is there sufficient rights?

    Is the problem ubiquitous?

    Is the problem intermittent?

    Is there anything else you can tell us?

    Is it true that the Postman always rings twice?
    kpg, Jan 14, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Doom Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > Host-Name Conflict: file://c:\temp\156705.htm (1/14/2005 8:00:28 AM) #
    >> r u able to see printer in network ?

    > Is the printer a Lexmark?

    LOL. I guess I'm not the only one with issues with Lexmark printers.
    Doom, Jan 14, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    "kpg" <> prattled ceaslessly in

    <snip>

    > Is it true that the Postman always rings twice?

    Our's sings. I can hear him from inside the house when he pulls up to
    the mailbox. He appears to favor classic rock and he's slightly tone-
    deaf but very enthusiastic.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"
    catwalker63, Jan 14, 2005
  6. kpg wrote:
    > Host-Name Conflict: file://c:\temp\156705.htm (1/14/2005 8:00:28 AM) #
    >> r u able to see printer in network ?

    > Is there an error message?
    >
    > Is printer on line?
    >
    > Is printer on?
    >
    > Is computer on?
    >
    > Is there a printer cable?
    >
    > Is printer able to print locally?
    >
    > Is it a USB printer?
    >
    > Is the printer driver correct?
    >
    > Is the printer out of paper?
    >
    > Is the printer out of ink?
    >
    > Is the printer cable bad?
    >
    > Is the printer a Lexmark?
    >
    > Is there sufficient rights?
    >
    > Is the problem ubiquitous?
    >
    > Is the problem intermittent?
    >
    > Is there anything else you can tell us?
    >
    > Is it true that the Postman always rings twice?

    It says "PC LOAD LETTER" WTF?
    =?Utf-8?Q?Frisbee=C2=AE?=, Jan 14, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg climbed on a soapbox & opined:

    > Is the printer a Lexmark?

    Bingo! LOL!

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 14, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    LnkWizard Guest

    NO, of all the commercial printers out there Lexmark sits number
    two on my list of crappy printers. The Xerox/Tektronix Phaser
    series is number 1.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Jan 14, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "kpg" <> say in news:evLELNk#EHA.208
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > Is there anything else you can tell us?

    yes, I'm wearing my Cisco shirt today

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us
    Neil, Jan 14, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LnkWizard" <> say in news:
    #vMkVtl#:

    > The Xerox/Tektronix Phaser
    > series is number 1.

    Toshiba Laser, Compaq Laser, and any of the early Brother or Panasonic
    lasers. Every manufacturer is capable of making crap...

    Neil, Jan 14, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    LnkWizard Guest

    > did you hear "LnkWizard" <> say in news:
    > #vMkVtl#:
    >
    > > The Xerox/Tektronix Phaser
    > > series is number 1.
    > >

    > Toshiba Laser, Compaq Laser, and any of the early Brother or Panasonic
    > lasers. Every manufacturer is capable of making crap...
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30
    > Visit www.mcngp.com for your chance to amuse
    > nerd32768 and annoy the rest of us

    Phaser recently took the lead on my list because of a screwed up
    design issue.

    The paper drawer was stuck closed because of a broken coupling
    in the paper lift mechanism.

    This required me to drill holes in the paper drawer so I could get
    at the front panel screws to take it (the front panel) off to get at the
    broken
    coupling that was preventing the front drawer from opening. The first step
    in the instructions for removing the front panel were: Open and remove the
    paper drawer. Just how the heck are you going to do that when the darn
    drawer is jammed shut and cannot be opened.

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Jan 14, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "LnkWizard" <> say in news:
    #BNrz8l#:

    > Phaser recently took the lead on my list because of a screwed up
    > design issue.

    I was almost crushed by a Toshiba Pagelaser 12 back in 1989 and I have
    hated them ever since. Toshiba killed those lasers shortly thereafter....

    Neil, Jan 14, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Doom Guest

    > yes, I'm wearing my Cisco shirt today

    Oh yeah. I've got my 64th annual Sturgis bike week shirt on. I love not
    having a dress code.
    Doom, Jan 14, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    JaR Guest

    > I was almost crushed by a Toshiba Pagelaser 12 back in 1989 and

    Was it sitting on the bookcase?

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 14, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    JaR Guest

    > yes, I'm wearing my Cisco shirt today

    Hey, Seeeesco!

    --
    Pancho
    Thug 10110
    JaR, Jan 14, 2005
  16. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil climbed on a soapbox & opined:
    >
    >> I was almost crushed by a Toshiba Pagelaser 12 back in 1989 and

    > Was it sitting on the bookcase?

    gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

    I'm going to get my laser and I am going to rush you...

    Neil, Jan 14, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Pancho
    > Thug 10110
    > Click on MCNGP.com and be a gay caballero!

    NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    Visit www.mcngp.com but don't pick up the soap near JaR
    Neil, Jan 14, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    Nerd32768 Guest

    > did you hear JaR <> say in
    >
    > > Pancho
    > > Thug 10110
    > > Click on MCNGP.com and be a gay caballero!

    > NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30
    > Visit www.mcngp.com but don't pick up the soap near JaR

    are you saying that JaR actually uses soap?!
    Nerd32768, Jan 17, 2005
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    kpg Guest

    >> Visit www.mcngp.com but don't pick up the soap near JaR
    >
    > are you saying that JaR actually uses soap?!

    Yeah. That's it.

    kp "Well, at least it's clean..." g
    kpg, Jan 17, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgUG9zdG1hbg==?=

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Nerd32768 climbed on a soapbox &
    opined:

    >> Neil MCNGP #30
    >> Visit www.mcngp.com but don't pick up the soap near JaR

    > are you saying that JaR actually uses soap?!

    Egads! Another scurrilous canard.

    --
    JaR
    Thug 10110