Princo DVD blank DVDs your thoughts on it ?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Paul GoodBar, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. Paul GoodBar

    Paul GoodBar Guest

    Paul GoodBar, Apr 24, 2005

  2. On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:09:35 +1000, Paul GoodBar <> wrote:

    >Princo DVD blank DVDs your thoughts on it ?
    >

    >>Just bought a spindle of 50 4X -R blanks.
    >>
    >>Tell me i have no made a mistake. the ID on them is (PRINCO), this
    >>made by them directly ???
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    wouldn't touch princo with a barge pole.

    Gary MacKenzie, Apr 24, 2005

  3. Paul GoodBar

    William Guest

    "Paul GoodBar" <> wrote in message

    > Princo DVD blank DVDs your thoughts on it ?
    >

    >>Just bought a spindle of 50 4X -R blanks.
    >>
    >>Tell me i have no made a mistake. the ID on them is (PRINCO), this
    >>made by them directly ???
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    The worst on the market.

    William, Apr 24, 2005
  4. On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:41:12 +0200, "William" <>
    wrote:

    >"Paul GoodBar" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Princo DVD blank DVDs your thoughts on it ?
    >>

    >>>Just bought a spindle of 50 4X -R blanks.
    >>>
    >>>Tell me i have no made a mistake. the ID on them is (PRINCO), this
    >>>made by them directly ???
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >The worst on the market.

    That's a bit of an exaggeration, but it is certainly among the worse.
    Charlie Hoffpauir

    Charlie Hoffpauir, Apr 24, 2005
  5. Paul GoodBar

    Paul GoodBar Guest

    Maybe its better now. I mean they must get the message and fix it
    right ?

    Paul GoodBar, Apr 25, 2005
  6. Paul GoodBar

    Sid Guest

    Where I live Ritek is not readily available, Ricoh is very expensive,
    so Princo was a cheapish alternative.

    I've had some errors with 2 bulk packets (25 pack & 50 pack), with the
    non-printable cheapest Princo 4x DVD-R product. I switched to the
    dearer Princo printable 4x DVD-R and have never had a dud. When I did
    have a problem (on the non-printable), the disc failed to even start
    burning, if it started burning then it would be OK. This is far better
    than a partial burn or read errors.

    I've now switched to bulk (20 pack) Ricoh 4x printables, they're
    dearer but I've never had an error.

    I'm using a Pioneer DVR-107D.

    Sid, Apr 25, 2005
  7. Paul GoodBar

    Gilgamesh Guest

    > Princo DVD blank DVDs your thoughts on it ?
    >

    >>Just bought a spindle of 50 4X -R blanks.
    >>
    >>Tell me i have no made a mistake. the ID on them is (PRINCO), this
    >>made by them directly ???
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    I use the printable 4x in 50 spindles.
    Only had 4 duds in burning 200.
    Quite good for cheap blanks.

    Gilgamesh, Apr 25, 2005
  8. Paul GoodBar

    Darkknight Guest

    C.R.A.P.

    Darkknight, Apr 25, 2005
  9. Paul GoodBar

    WaltB Guest

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:32:54 GMT, Sid <> wrote:

    >Where I live Ritek is not readily available, Ricoh is very expensive,
    >so Princo was a cheapish alternative.

    I want to point you to a great place for Ritek

    www.genesysdtp.com

    Marc is a great guy with great prices and the fastest shipping of any
    vendor on the net.

    WaltB, May 3, 2005