    Thanks in Advance

    James
    , May 4, 2007

  2. Merv Guest

    > I was wondering how to have primary and secondary bgp routes at both
    > sites for redundancy pointing to one isp. Is there a way to do this.

    Yes set different values for the BGP route attribute "local
    preference" on each of your routers.

    Local in this context means within your AS.

    Local preference is one of the parameters that BGP uses in its route
    selection algorithm to select the "best" path which is then installed
    in the RIB ( routing table).
    Merv, May 5, 2007

  3. Merv Guest

    OBTW you will need to set up internal BGP between the two routers that
    will be connected to the ISP
    Merv, May 5, 2007
  4. theapplebee

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Messages:
    67
    Location:
    USA
    you can either local-pref or AS prepending.
    If you want to use local-pref parameters, you must use BGP community string which is provided by your ISP.
    If you use AS prepending option, you don't have to use BGP community string.

    Just F.Y.I
    theapplebee, Jul 24, 2009