    and buffer is up and down (stays solid if in DMA mode)

    any ideas?

    thanks-

    Om_Audio, Nov 11, 2005

  2. Om_Audio

    Om_Audio Guest

    I just uninstalled the PIO channel and after it reinstalled it shows "Multi
    Word DMA Mode 2" for both devices- weird- maybe that fixed it- I'll reboot,
    look again, and burn a cd and report back-

    Om_Audio, Nov 11, 2005

  3. Om_Audio

    Om_Audio Guest

    Yup- now the channel shows both devices as Ultra DMA 2 and the burn went
    fine with buffer staying full and steady the whole time. Sweet.

    Om_Audio, Nov 11, 2005
  4. Om_Audio

    Plato Guest

    Om_Audio wrote:

    > I have Gateway 835GM- 1 IDE channel- but listed 2x in device manager- has 2
    > optical drives on the channel- 1 listing accepts DMA mode for device 0 as
    > Ultra DMA Mode 5 with "not applicable" for device 1, and the 2nd listing
    > shows PIO mode for both devices
    >
    > Makes me think it sees SATA hard drive or something- but I know for sure
    > both optical drives are running in PIO mode because burning takes long time
    > and buffer is up and down (stays solid if in DMA mode)

    You bought a PROPRIATARY pc. What excactly is NOT working on your
    Proprieatary pc.?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 12, 2005
  5. Om_Audio

    Om_Audio Guest

    I explained it clearly and posted how I resolved it. The only other problem
    I have is my 2 LaCie firewire drive dissapear all the time- even when I
    connect them to an Adaptec DuoConnect card and not the internal firewire
    ports.

    What does proprietary have to do with anything anyway?

    Om_Audio, Nov 12, 2005