    Last time I did it, pricespy could display gst exclusive prices, now it
    seems that I am only seeing inclusive, is there any way to change over?
    Looked for a FAQ with no luck.

    Richard, Apr 10, 2007

  2. Richard

    Shane Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Im looking at pricing up a new computer.
    >
    > Last time I did it, pricespy could display gst exclusive prices, now it
    > seems that I am only seeing inclusive, is there any way to change over?
    > Looked for a FAQ with no luck.

    Er, you can calculate the GST exclusive price. It is 8/9ths of the quoted
    GST Inclusive price. (ie. minus 1/9 of the quote and you have the winner)

    Shane, Apr 10, 2007

  3. Richard

    Fred Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Im looking at pricing up a new computer.
    >
    > Last time I did it, pricespy could display gst exclusive prices, now it
    > seems that I am only seeing inclusive, is there any way to change over?
    > Looked for a FAQ with no luck.

    Dont be lazy. GST at 12.5% is 11.11% of the total. So multiply the
    inclusive price by 88.89%.

    Fred, Apr 10, 2007
  4. On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:23:35 +1200, Fred <> wrote
    in <news:461b11b8$>:

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Im looking at pricing up a new computer.
    >>
    >> Last time I did it, pricespy could display gst exclusive prices, now it
    >> seems that I am only seeing inclusive, is there any way to change over?
    >> Looked for a FAQ with no luck.

    > Dont be lazy. GST at 12.5% is 11.11% of the total. So multiply the
    > inclusive price by 88.89%.

    You don't seriously think any vendor is going to calculate the GST down to
    the nearest hundredth of a percent, do you?

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... The real art of diplomacy consists in not only saying the right thing
    at the right time, but also in leaving unsaid the wrong thing at a
    tempting moment.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 10, 2007
  5. Richard

    Fred Guest

    "Nicolaas Hawkins" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:23:35 +1200, Fred <> wrote
    > in <news:461b11b8$>:
    >
    >> "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >>> Im looking at pricing up a new computer.
    >>>
    >>> Last time I did it, pricespy could display gst exclusive prices, now it
    >>> seems that I am only seeing inclusive, is there any way to change over?
    >>> Looked for a FAQ with no luck.

    >> Dont be lazy. GST at 12.5% is 11.11% of the total. So multiply the
    >> inclusive price by 88.89%.

    > You don't seriously think any vendor is going to calculate the GST down to
    > the nearest hundredth of a percent, do you?
    >
    > --

    Wouldn't have clue, but it's just as easy to get it right as getting it
    wrong.

    Fred, Apr 10, 2007
  6. Richard

    David Empson Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:23:35 +1200, Fred <> wrote
    > in <news:461b11b8$>:
    >
    > > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > >> Im looking at pricing up a new computer.
    > >>
    > >> Last time I did it, pricespy could display gst exclusive prices, now it
    > >> seems that I am only seeing inclusive, is there any way to change over?
    > >> Looked for a FAQ with no luck.

    > > Dont be lazy. GST at 12.5% is 11.11% of the total. So multiply the
    > > inclusive price by 88.89%.

    > You don't seriously think any vendor is going to calculate the GST down to
    > the nearest hundredth of a percent, do you?

    Yes. GST is calculated to the nearest cent. For a $100 item, that is
    0.01% of the total. For a $1000 item, it is 0.001%.

    The official method required by Inland Revenue for GST-registered
    entities to calculate the GST component of a GST-inclusive price is to
    divide by 9. GST is paid or refunded on this basis.

    When converting between GST inclusive and exclusive prices, I multiply
    by 8 and divide by 9 (or vice versa, as appropriate), or multiply or
    divide by 1.125.

    --
    David Empson

    David Empson, Apr 10, 2007