    a new hard drive in the meantime.

    In comparision, I bought a 640gb WD for $110 about 6 to 9 months ago.
    Now this same drive is about $140 at the cheapest place I can see.

    Bobs, Mar 18, 2009

  2. Bobs

    Your Name Guest

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Shit, I see they've gone up quite a bit. My 500gb is failing, it has
    > failed S.M.A.R.T and some diagnostic tests so I need to RMA it and get
    > a new hard drive in the meantime.
    >
    > In comparision, I bought a 640gb WD for $110 about 6 to 9 months ago.
    > Now this same drive is about $140 at the cheapest place I can see.

    Try doing a search on http://www.PriceSpy.co.nz, but you may want to avoid
    some of the cheapo mail-order-only places.

    Your Name, Mar 18, 2009

  3. Bobs

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Bobs wrote:
    > Shit, I see they've gone up quite a bit. My 500gb is failing, it has
    > failed S.M.A.R.T and some diagnostic tests so I need to RMA it and get
    > a new hard drive in the meantime.
    >
    > In comparision, I bought a 640gb WD for $110 about 6 to 9 months ago.
    > Now this same drive is about $140 at the cheapest place I can see.

    NZ $ has fallen.

    Gib Bogle, Mar 18, 2009
  4. Bobs

    Your Name Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    > Bobs wrote:
    > > Shit, I see they've gone up quite a bit. My 500gb is failing, it has
    > > failed S.M.A.R.T and some diagnostic tests so I need to RMA it and get
    > > a new hard drive in the meantime.
    > >
    > > In comparision, I bought a 640gb WD for $110 about 6 to 9 months ago.
    > > Now this same drive is about $140 at the cheapest place I can see.

    > NZ $ has fallen.

    It rose again (a little) today according to he lunchtime TV One News. :)

    It might be a good idea to check prices from Australian webstores too. It's
    often cheaper to import software and DVDs from Australia rather than buy
    them in New Zealand, but I've never looked at hardware prices.

    Your Name, Mar 19, 2009