    excellent strength connection, but I cannot actually access the internet. My
    laptop can access the internet if I select a different wireless network
    (i.e., my neighbors' routers). Any suggestions?

    zapspan, Jan 15, 2010

  2. Hi
    The security of the connection probably changed, and it can log any more.
    Look at the proffered list and delete the old entry.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    Try again and when it asks for pass phrase out it in.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 15, 2010

  3. zapspan

    John Guest

    "zapspan" <> wrote in message
    > My laptop (Dell Inspiron 700m, WinXP)

    Is WinXP service pack 3 installed? Are you using Intel (Pro 2200BG) software
    or Windows Wireless Zero Configuration to manage your wireless connection?
    Btw, I got Inspiron 700m too. I assume you are using 2200GB wifi adapter +
    software.

    > After my cable internet service was
    > removed and then reestablished, my desktop and my roommate's laptop
    > are still able to access the internet via my router.

    Wired or wireless? If they connect wirelessly, were they prompted for a
    passphrase?

    > However, when
    > I connect to the router wirelessly from my laptop,I get confirmation of an
    > excellent strength connection,

    Excellent signal strength does not necessarily mean you're connected to your
    router. Were you prompted for passphrase when you connect to your wifi
    router?

    > but I cannot actually access the internet. My
    > laptop can access the internet if I select a different wireless network
    > (i.e., my neighbors' routers).

    I'm positive that your neighbor's access point is an open connection (anyone
    can connect).

    John, Jan 15, 2010
  4. zapspan

    Mike Galant Guest

    thanks but it didn't help

    Hi, Jack.

    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I did already try that and it didn't help.

    Jack [MVP-Networking] wrote:

    HiThe security of the connection probably changed, and it can log any more.
    15-Jan-10

    The security of the connection probably changed, and it can log any more
    Look at the proffered list and delete the old entry
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jp
    Try again and when it asks for pass phrase out it in
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Post Form Data and Custom Headers in XMLHTTP
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...c-962fefec63a8/post-form-data-and-custom.aspx

    Mike Galant, Jan 16, 2010
  5. zapspan

    Mike Galant Guest

    thanks, John, but...

    Hi, John.

    My system does have SP3 installed, and I am using the Intel software, not WWZC (as far as I can tell). and I am using the wifi adapter that you mention (2200GB wifi adapter)

    I am indeed asked for a passphrase, but that still doesn't help.

    You are correct about my neighbor's access point (it is an open connection).

    John wrote:

    Is WinXP service pack 3 installed?
    15-Jan-10

    Is WinXP service pack 3 installed? Are you using Intel (Pro 2200BG) softwar
    or Windows Wireless Zero Configuration to manage your wireless connection
    Btw, I got Inspiron 700m too. I assume you are using 2200GB wifi adapter
    software

    Wired or wireless? If they connect wirelessly, were they prompted for
    passphrase

    Excellent signal strength does not necessarily mean you are connected to you
    router. Were you prompted for passphrase when you connect to your wif
    router

    I am positive that your neighbor's access point is an open connection (anyon
    can connect).

    Make your ASP.NET application install it's own Database
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...11-738f4635fe06/make-your-aspnet-applica.aspx

    Mike Galant, Jan 16, 2010
  6. zapspan

    AJR Guest

    Run ipconfig \all - most likely it will be noted that the IP address
    assigned is in the "169.*.*.* range indicating Windows is assigning the
    address and not DHCP via the router.

    The 169..... address permits communication within the network (check TCP/IP
    configuration) but not internet access.

    AJR, Jan 17, 2010