    If anyone has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

    Thanks,
    Patrick
    Patrick M., Jan 7, 2004

  2. Patrick M.

    Ken Reynolds Guest

    I have done this with an Olympus 3030 and software called , "came ". which
    is on the net. There is also a program called " cam2com " which is similar.
    Ken Reynolds

    Ken Reynolds, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Patrick M.

    Jorr.it Guest

    Patrick M. wrote:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I am looking for a digital camera which will allow me to connect
    > directly to my PC and allow me to preview my images on my monitor
    > prior to snapping the picture. I would then like the image to
    > download directly to my PC, thereby circumventing any type of
    > smartmedia. Does anyone know of a camera and/or software which will
    > allow me to do this? The camera doesn't need to be really high-end --
    > just something with a digital zoom and a decent enough picture.

    Better Canon cameras come with software RemoteCapture, which allow you make
    photo's with your computer and without using the CF card. It works fine with
    my 300D. I've seen somebody doing this with a Fuji S2 as well, I don't know
    the name of that software.

    --
    Groetjes, Jorrit
    http://Jorr.it
    Jorr.it, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Patrick M.

    Dave Guest

    The Canon camera and remote capture software will do exactly what you want.
    My family has 3 canon digital cameras, the A40, G3, and D300. All of them
    work with this software, however the amount of control the software has over
    the camera is different for each. I would recommend the G3 as it has the
    most control exposed to the software, and you can get the functionality of a
    full time LCD on screen and control the zoom from the software.

    The software is very night for doing time lapse photography. That primarily
    what I use it for. Good luck. -Dave

    Dave, Jan 7, 2004