Preventing the Server Service (svchost.exe) From Stopping

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Grunt, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. Grunt

    Grunt Guest

    Hi,

    I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I've got my hands on a Windows
    2003 Serve R2 and everything works ok except that the server service
    keeps stopping for some reason. I've set the service to restart on
    fail but I'm just wondering if anyone can help me point me in the
    right direction of what the cause might be.

    The description in the Event Log says:

    Faulting applaication svchost.exe version 5.2.3790.1830, faulting
    module netapi32.dll version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0000a2be

    Any ideas would be greatfully received.

    Thanks In Advance

    Jamie

    Grunt, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Grunt

    meerkat Guest

    "Grunt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I've got my hands on a Windows
    > 2003 Serve R2 and everything works ok except that the server service
    > keeps stopping for some reason. I've set the service to restart on
    > fail but I'm just wondering if anyone can help me point me in the
    > right direction of what the cause might be.
    >
    > The description in the Event Log says:
    >
    > Faulting applaication svchost.exe version 5.2.3790.1830, faulting
    > module netapi32.dll version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0000a2be

    read this article, it might help.
    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/soft...error-dead-internet-needed-ftopict231924.html

    meerkat, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Grunt

    Grunt Guest

    On 27 Mar, 15:15, "meerkat" <> wrote:
    > "Grunt" <> wrote in message
    >
    > news:...> Hi,
    >
    > > I'm wondering if anyone can help me, I've got my hands on a Windows
    > > 2003 Serve R2 and everything works ok except that the server service
    > > keeps stopping for some reason. I've set the service to restart on
    > > fail but I'm just wondering if anyone can help me point me in the
    > > right direction of what the cause might be.

    > > The description in the Event Log says:

    > > Faulting applaication svchost.exe version 5.2.3790.1830, faulting
    > > module netapi32.dll version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0000a2be

    > read this article, it might help.http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/Netapi32-dll-Generic-host-err...

    Thanks hopefully using the advice in this I can stop it from happening

    Grunt, Mar 27, 2007