    can go into the View Available Wireless Networks and disconnect, but XP
    searches, finds the same networks and reattaches.

    Is there any way to remedy this or force it to attach to my network only?

    msnews.microsoft.com, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Try this...

    1. Disconnect from the rogue wireless network.
    2. Go into the wireless connection properties for your card and delete the
    network from the list of preferred networks.
    3. Uncheck the "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks" check box.

    See this screen shot...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/ScreenShots/WirelessSettings/Autoconnect.jpg

    Make sure your network is in the preferred list and that your broadcasting
    your network SSID. Also make sure your using a unique SSID...

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/SoHoWirelessSecurity.html

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...